Gun Log Computer Programs / Apps

N R A

I am wanting a gun log program to keep track of my gun collection. I think the easiest solution would be an App on my smart phone. I am cautious about what app I would choose, and how that data could be shared with others, and even paranoid about it. (how does one be too careful with such sensitive data?)

I downloaded two apps to my Android, Gun Vault free, and Gun Safe free, the free versions are limited versions, to let you see how you would like the full paid versions.

I first installed the GVf version, then the GSf version. Both versions, showed they do not allow access by third parties to my data. I figured that was good.

When I installed the second program, GSf, it asked me if I wanted to download the information from the other gun app, so I would not need to retype all that data again? WTF!!!!!!!!
Sure enough, all the data I had typed in the first program, popped right into the second program. That makes me not want a smartphone app to store gun information.

What stoppes other data mining programs from getting into my gun apps and doing who knows what with it?

Do I need to just stay with a notebook, locked in my safe?

What do you guys do, for electronic log books?

I use Microsoft Excel. I'd never put my gun information into a phone app. Too much malware in apps out there.

I went this route, doubled it, so I have two copies. On sale at Amazon.
Amazon have these starting at 1 cent plus freight. Can't beat that for a price on a hard cover gun log with NRA logos on it.

Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used gun vault pro and it's a decent interface, but I downloaded memento database and built one to suit my needs.

I had the same issues with the new software especially anything for a phone or tablet. most of the software is outdated, designed for older operating systems or crazy expensive. So I just created my own software that saves everything to a sqlite database.

I just use notebook on my PC & create a spreadsheet
Manufacturer
Model
Caliber
Serial #
Price
Date
Where purchased

Any other pertinent info of your choosing

I also keep a running total of firearms, ammo, accessories, etc., for insurance purposes.

Also keep a backup copy on a thumb drive that I take with me when I leave the house.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back