Gun Laws: Their effect on crime.

Oregon Vet

NRA Life Since 03/1985
Years ago I ran into a website by a 501 (c) (3) foundation. You find a wrong fact on their website, they are quick to research it and correct their site info.

It is called:
Link Removed

Click on their logo. They have collected facts on:

Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed
Link Removed
Abortion NEW

Abortion - the mere mention of this word stirs passions and brings to mind political controversy. There is a great deal of rhetoric surrounding this issue, but what are the concrete facts? What do the scientific disciplines tell us? Where exactly do prominent politicians and organizations stand on this matter? More importantly, what are their records? Just Facts is your reliable source for facts that help to answer these questions and many more.

For comprehensive and scholarly details go to Academics. For a more concise list of essential facts, go to Link Removed. For an even shorter list of basic facts, visit Basics.

Social Spending

In 2006, the federal government spent 58% of its finances on housing and community services, welfare and social services, recreation and culture, health, education, retirement benefits, disability benefits and unemployment benefits. Yet, the father of the Constitution and the primary author of the Declaration of Independence considered such expenditures to be outside the bounds of federal power. Explore striking and meticulously documented facts that bring to light what has occurred between then and now.

For basic facts about the Constitutional history of social spending, go to Basics. For further specifics, go to Link Removed. For comprehensive and scholarly details, visit Academics.

Gun Control

Does increased government control of firearms lead to a more civilized, less violent society; or does it leave law abiding citizens at the mercy of violent criminals? Is the Second Amendment applicable to individual citizens or only to the National Guard? Do we need stricter gun control laws? Are the existing laws being enforced? Examine this large collection of substantive facts and figures that speak to these important questions.

For details go to Gun Control

Racial Issues

On this emotionally charged subject where so many people have based their opinions on notions and prejudices, we have sorted through and challenged thousands of reported facts to separate fiction from reality. The end result is a list of more than 200 facts that have been tested and verified for accuracy and credibility.

For comprehensive details go to Racial Issues or for key facts go to Link Removed

Social Security

All the information you’ll need to educate yourself about the largest government program in the world. Obtain raw data and facts on Social Security taxes, benefits, finances, privatization, and related matters.

For comprehensive details go to Social Security or for key facts go to Link Removed
Link Removed
The Impact of Social Security on the National Debt

If you think that Social Security owes you money because you have been paying into it, think again. You may in fact owe money to the Social Security program. The financial workings of Social Security are frequently misconstrued, and as such, Just Facts has sliced through the myths that surround this issue by using primary source documents from the Social Security Administration, United States Treasury, Congressional Budget Committee, U.S. Department of Commerce, the Social Security Act of 1935 and other applicable federal laws.

For details go to Exclusive News

Hours of good reading.

I visited the "gun control" site and was sorely disappointed. I found the information on their pages to be 10 years old and older. A bit dated, me thinks.

I suggest checking into gunfacts.info.

Very latest info. Downloadable PDF of the entire contents.

Irrefutable arguments to bounce off the thick heads of your anti-gun friends.

gdcleanfun said:

I visited the "gun control" site and was sorely disappointed. I found the information on their pages to be 10 years old and older. A bit dated, me thinks.

If you want current information, it is NOT available. It CAN'T be, it takes years to make it a fact. That is why accurate info WILL be 10-15 years old.

Well, don't bother looking at the info in gunfacts.info in the next post, because most of it too, is 10-15 years old.

It takes time to get accurate information. Like another thread on this website with a link to the FBI's crime stats. It is fairly current, but basically worthless.

I sure there are LOTS of users of this site that will use that un-accurate info from the FBI rather than use facts that are 10-15 years old that are dead on the truth.

In 10 or so years, THAT info (current FBI stats) will be included in the info on JustFacts.com and GunFacts.info.

I want the info I store in MY memory to be factual. Not the latest stats from someone like the FBI that no one knows how accurate it is.

The FBI info in the other thread is NO good to me. I want FACTS, RESEARCHED FACTS. Not a bunch of statistics dumped into a database like that. Who knows how far WRONG it is. Sure, some is correct. But which?

Why doesn't anyone try to make a website with current info? Guess what... it ISN'T going to happen. The info is NOT there. It takes YEARS to make sure it is correct. So, their website (if it only had correct info on it) would have 10-15 year old info like everyone else.

There IS a LARGE percentage of users on this website I am sure, that will suck that FBI info in and spew it out like it was GOSPEL. The absolute truth.

Link Removed is in this thread on this website: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/general-discussion/4373-crime-unite-states.html

One person in that thread, Link Removed, said the info is suspect. Basically the rest of the posters are doing a "great post" "yeah, a great post".

It is a terrible post. Any time anyone posts non-accurate info, they are doing no one any favors.

Any poster who publicly states they would rather use wrong information over factual information if it were more recent isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I won't do that. Ten year old facts are much better than last years guesses.

:quote:If you want current information, it is NOT available. It CAN'T be, it takes years to make it a fact. That is why accurate info WILL be 10-15 years old.:quote:

Say again? I wholeheartedly disagree. Why on earth would it take years to make a fact. A fact is a fact is a fact. Even if it's brand new it's still a fact. If some one is is quoting facts, statistics, numbers that are that older than this past September's decision by the Supreme Court regarding the 2nd Amendment, then it's too old. That decision supersedes all the other material out there; it's the only thing that now counts.

:quote:If you want current information, it is NOT available. It CAN'T be, it takes years to make it a fact. That is why accurate info WILL be 10-15 years old.:quote:

Say again? I wholeheartedly disagree. Why on earth would it take years to make a fact. A fact is a fact is a fact. Even if it's brand new it's still a fact. If some one is is quoting facts, statistics, numbers that are that older than this past September's decision by the Supreme Court regarding the 2nd Amendment, then it's too old. That decision supersedes all the other material out there; it's the only thing that now counts.
What's a "fact" when it comes to criminal prosecution? It's whatever the winning side says it is.

Call your local District or State Attorney and ask them if they can explain to you how they decide to charge people, and then how those things are reported. I guarantee they can't explain it in a way that makes sense. There's a system of "points", conversion charts and all this bizarre stuff that doesn't in any way resemble real life. It's a huge numbers racket that they regularly rework to mean whatever they want it to.

What's a "fact" when it comes to criminal prosecution? It's whatever the winning side says it is.

Call your local District or State Attorney and ask them if they can explain to you how they decide to charge people, and then how those things are reported. I guarantee they can't explain it in a way that makes sense. There's a system of "points", conversion charts and all this bizarre stuff that doesn't in any way resemble real life. It's a huge numbers racket that they regularly rework to mean whatever they want it to.

Huh?
Facts are facts. Facts, just like numbers, don't lie. People will distort the facts, use only the portions they want you to hear, etc. But they remain facts. The fact is that violent crimes went UP (by total number of crines) in the FBI report....BUT the per capita rate went DOWN (a net decrease in violent crimes). This means the gun grabbing liberals aren't lying, they're just not telling the other portion of the truth.
As for the arena of a courtroom, did you know that attorney's are actually ALLOWED to lie? Yep.....true statement. And a judge could supress certain facts of a case for one of many reasons. People aren't prosecuted based on facts, they are prosecuted based on evidence. If the DA/SA doesn't feel there is enough evidence to warrant prosecution, he/she won't. They also don't prosecute for multiple other reasons, but they have NOTHING to do with the facts.
As for things taking years to become fact, I too must disagree. If that argument were true, it wouldn't have been until 1979 that we "proved" by the facts that man walked on the moon! The fact remains we did it in 1969 and had proof of it within DAYS of it happening. Now, that's an over the top example, but it proves my point. It does not take years for something to become a fact.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back