Gun friendly counties

mikesk

I live in rockland and it the most unfriendly county i believe which counties in ny are gun friendly and issue permit with no b.s.

I live in rockland and it the most unfriendly county i believe which counties in ny are gun friendly and issue permit with no b.s.

Delaware County, most definitely! There have been pro-2nd Amendment County Judges here for the last 25 years. The pistol clerk is a great lady and pro-2nd Amendment, also. The same can be said for the sheriff and deputies.

We were told years ago by our attorney (now a county D.A.) that Delaware county had the largest number of handgun licenses issued in the whole state!

Permits are issued without any hassel and without restrictions (assuming you are a law-abiding citizen). You can also obtain registration slips for new weapons at any time, as many as you want and hold them for as long as you want. This allows you to buy a handgun at any time you find a real bargain, even you weren't shopping for one! My wife and I always keep a few slips on us - you never know!:biggrin:

Last edited:
dancingwolf,

does your wife have a sister?

Cortland County is pretty reasonable. I do not have the luxury of having a purchase coupon at all times, but it is relatively painless (compared to neighboring Tompkins County) to take care of.

-Matt

Packing.org used to have a map of several may issue states (PRCA, PRNY, and Iowa) that showed how easy it was to obtain a carry permit for each county in the state. I tried to find that map before making this post, but I couldn't. In PRNY, the counties on Long Island are virtually no issue. There are several shall issue counties in upstate PRNY, but none of those permits is good in NYC. Also, many of those upstate counties issue lifetime permits.

It would be really nice if the permit process were standardized and if permits issued in upstate PRNY would be recognized in PRNYC.

Can you only apply for a permit in the county that you currently reside? I am in Onondaga county which is a "may issue" county.

Can you only apply for a permit in the county that you currently reside? I am in Onondaga county which is a "may issue" county.

Welcome to USA Carry jeffx. Maybe you could officially introduce yourself in the new member introduction forum.

I started with the map that Stevtrains posted. I had to start a new image over from scratch though to get a larger resolution so it would be more legible. I just grabbed a county image from a NY website somewhere (don't even remember where) and modified it to suit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back