Gun Discharges at Dallas WalMart

Cowbilly32

Link Removed

This is sure to fire up the gun grabbers. Hopefully Wally World Corporate won't over react to this bonehead!

How was this idiot carrying? Behind the back with no holster? In a pocket with no holster?
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that carrying any weapon without a holster is not completely safe! And any holster is better than none at all.

"...the gun fell and went off". I started to make fun of him for carrying an antique but did a web search and found this article by Massad Ayoob: Tactical Life Dropped Gun Inertia Discharge

If he had one of the guns that can discharge if dropped then he should not have had a round chambered or should have engaged the manual safety if not a revolver. Regardless it should have been in a holster more likely to keep it from getting dropped. I realize this is easy for us to say and as the cliche goes hindsight is 20/20 but any event like this adds fodder to the anti-gun side.

We all have that one acquaintance we know that carries a concealed weapon, yet we worry about him. You know that person, the one that can't stop talking about guns, handles his firearm around people, and generally is a little too enthusiastic about telling people about guns, while disregarding some simple safety rules. It's usually that type person that has accidents like this.

"...the gun fell and went off". I started to make fun of him for carrying an antique but did a web search and found this article by Massad Ayoob: Tactical Life Dropped Gun Inertia Discharge

If he had one of the guns that can discharge if dropped then he should not have had a round chambered or should have engaged the manual safety if not a revolver. Regardless it should have been in a holster more likely to keep it from getting dropped. I realize this is easy for us to say and as the cliche goes hindsight is 20/20 but any event like this adds fodder to the anti-gun side.

Well if he's that irresponsible and ignorant about something as basic as using a holster and or having more knowledge about his own firearm, then he shouldn't be a CCL holder. It's already bad enough for responsible firearms owners. He's very fortunate that no one was killed. It's a privilege to be able to own a firearm and it takes a much greater responsibility to be a CCL holder.

Well if he's that irresponsible and ignorant about something as basic as using a holster and or having more knowledge about his own firearm, then he shouldn't be a CCL holder. It's already bad enough for responsible firearms owners. He's very fortunate that no one was killed. It's a privilege to be able to own a firearm and it takes a much greater responsibility to be a CCL holder.

The guy made a few mistakes for sure. More practice combined with training with his chosen carry method would have done a lot of good for everyone involved. Out of all the people carrying, the vast majority do it silently and responsibly. A large tree will always have a few bad pieces of fruit. The reason I respond is that having a driver's licence is a privelige, having the ability to own firearms is not. It is a right. There's a big difference.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back