Gun Control=Hillbilly

tracker

Gun Control---The Media loves to jump on this topic, Politicians tend to steer away from it ( If they have any brains ). The Media loves a good story, a story that strikes the fear in the reader, a story that Sells! It doesn't matter whether the "Facts" are truly stated, or if the facts are relevent to the article--Fact is--The word "gun" draws attention. Numerous articles are written every day, either Pro-Gun or Anti-Gun. The Anti-Gun articles, written by Anti-gun people (Though they claim to be neutral, and have no purpose other than to pass on the truth), are written with one thing in mind---Convince the un-knowing, that the opinions they state are facts, and the world would be "Utopia" without Guns "Free bread and Cheese" for everyone. A world of peace--no guns--no bullets.

Pro Gun Blog

Big Bubba

Yeah these people live in somewhere over the rainbow land, and hug trees in the morning and have whine and cheese in the afternoon.

Landor

We need a few multi millionaires willing to spend some money to help the cause. Any millionaires out there?

2beararms

I work in the worlp of politics and we have a saying that paraphrases your thoughts.

"It doesn't have to be true, it only has to be said"

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
In addition to gun control being a winning issue in the media, unfortunately it is also a winner in high crime urban areas.

kwo51

Yes please take all the legal guns away. Then boys in the hood can help obama run the world

FN1910

The title of this thread and the use of the word Hillbilly caught my eye. When someone in the meida goes out looking for someone to talk about gunstheydon't want to waste time searching so they take the first available. Many if not most people with a CWP don't want to broadcast that fact over the air so they are hesitant to be interviewed. So who do they find to be interviewed? They find some fellow wearing a t-shirt with a rebel flag carrying his gun cradled in his arms calling it his baby. This is what the public sees as a gun owner.

It isn't altogether the media's fault because just like the rest of us they want to take the easy way out rather then searching for the businessman in a suit carrying concealed and willing to be interviewed. Think of it this way, if you were approached on the street by a TV reporter and asked if you had a permit and were carrying a gun what would you do?

F

frank.macher

Think of it this way, if you were approached on the street by a TV reporter and asked if you had a permit and were carrying a gun what would you do?

Wow, the first thought I had was to see if the common person on the street would mistake it for a threat and then take appropriate action...:biggrin:

Then I thought about it again and realized I would probably just ignore them like I usually do. I don't believe most of the news I hear anyways. It would not be good for me to go off on the news media on air though.:hang2:

That is exaclty my point that they will keep getting "No comment" until along comes Billy Bob Budweiser who tells them all about his baby. Then what does the public get to see for gun owners? :alcoholic:

I see where you are coming from, I would feel better about it if they could find someone else between me and Billy Bob on the scale, that's all.

Wow, the first thought I had was to see if the common person on the street would mistake it for a threat and then take appropriate action...:biggrin:

Then I thought about it again and realized I would probably just ignore them like I usually do. I don't believe most of the news I hear anyways. It would not be good for me to go off on the news media on air though.:hang2:

And that is pretty much me my friends. I have zero tolerence for media people and their desire to sell (or enhance) a story rather then print the reality of a given situation that's all.

HK4U

The title of this thread and the use of the word Hillbilly caught my eye. When someone in the meida goes out looking for someone to talk about gunstheydon't want to waste time searching so they take the first available. Many if not most people with a CWP don't want to broadcast that fact over the air so they are hesitant to be interviewed. So who do they find to be interviewed? They find some fellow wearing a t-shirt with a rebel flag carrying his gun cradled in his arms calling it his baby. This is what the public sees as a gun owner.

It isn't altogether the media's fault because just like the rest of us they want to take the easy way out rather then searching for the businessman in a suit carrying concealed and willing to be interviewed. Think of it this way, if you were approached on the street by a TV reporter and asked if you had a permit and were carrying a gun what would you do?

I don't think they want to show someone that is a "little Less strange". It is not in the interest of pushing their agenda to paint an accurate picture of the majority of gun owners,CHL holders. It does promote their agenda to make us all look like a bunch of inbred illiterate fools.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zxclord123