Gun collection software

Call me paranoid if you wish, but I keep nothing on my computer that I would rather governmental agencies not know.

Put the data file on a thumb drive and encrypt it with a strong password. Attach the thumb drive to your keychain so it's always with you.

Now if you break under 'governmental agency' torture and reveal the encryption password, I can't offer any additional suggestions. :biggrin:

Version 2.3.1 now available ... this should be the last upgrade for a while ...

Changes in NM Collector Software version 2.3.0 (see complete history of changes here)

Changes in NM Collector Software version 2.3.1

* Clean up, reformat, and improve functionality of all List Edits Screens
o Fixed bug with one insert right after another losing data from previous
o Fixed issues with data not being saved unless tab was pressed after each entry

Thanks again,

Clay

I have replaced NM Gun Collector with NM Collector Software JE.

Thanks,

Clay

Do not buy from this individual. I updated my Java and his software quit working. When I emailed him about the problem I was treated like crap. here is the first part of the email thread.

I ran this program once and now that I had to update my java for work
problems I get a message that I need to install java and that I am not
connected to the internet, which I am. I paid money to have a program that
works.

His Reply: How much value does your last sentence really add to the conversation?

You told me it worked then you changed your system and now it doesn't work.
How am I supposed to have any control over what you do to your system that
causes it to no longer work?

All I can offer you is this page for some ideas:
Link Removed 

Hopefully that helps. Otherwise you might consider paying somebody to help
you figure out what you did to your mac that caused a previously working
program to stop working. I am not able to help you with that.

Clay

This is the second part of the email chain

My response: The only thing I did was updated my Java. I have worked in the IT business for 30 years, and have been teaching it for 10. You need to make sure that your program works with the new versions of Java. The last sentence lets you know that I am frustrated with your program when I bought it I also had the same problem and other problems. It took two days to get it working. Your attitude also does not help this situation. I am a customer and am giving this type of statement from you.

His reply: Go away - you bother me.

I informed him that I would post his responses, and this was his reply.

Go ahead, make my day!

I will quote you (demonstrating your attitude and incompentence) in my
responses to your posts. *I have searches that tell me when anyone posts
anything about me or my software in any forms so I will easily find and
respond to your posts.

Nobody likes to deal with a jerk. *For an IT professional you are a bit
ignorant as well. *I posted the information you need. *Try to follow it.

Clay

This is not a reputable business, or person. STAY AWAY.

NM Collector Software Support Issue

Do not buy from this individual. I updated my Java and his software quit working. When I emailed him about the problem I was treated like crap. here is the first part of the email thread.

I ran this program once and now that I had to update my java for work
problems I get a message that I need to install java and that I am not
connected to the internet, which I am. I paid money to have a program that
works.

His Reply: How much value does your last sentence really add to the conversation?

You told me it worked then you changed your system and now it doesn't work.
How am I supposed to have any control over what you do to your system that
causes it to no longer work?

All I can offer you is this page for some ideas:
Link Removed 

Hopefully that helps. Otherwise you might consider paying somebody to help
you figure out what you did to your mac that caused a previously working
program to stop working. I am not able to help you with that.

Clay

This is the second part of the email chain

My response: The only thing I did was updated my Java. I have worked in the IT business for 30 years, and have been teaching it for 10. You need to make sure that your program works with the new versions of Java. The last sentence lets you know that I am frustrated with your program when I bought it I also had the same problem and other problems. It took two days to get it working. Your attitude also does not help this situation. I am a customer and am giving this type of statement from you.

His reply: Go away - you bother me.

I informed him that I would post his responses, and this was his reply.

Go ahead, make my day!

I will quote you (demonstrating your attitude and incompentence) in my
responses to your posts. *I have searches that tell me when anyone posts
anything about me or my software in any forms so I will easily find and
respond to your posts.

Nobody likes to deal with a jerk. *For an IT professional you are a bit
ignorant as well. *I posted the information you need. *Try to follow it.

Clay

This is not a reputable business, or person. STAY AWAY.

What he posted is not quite the full context of the messages. However, in keeping with proper email etiquette, I will not forward his messages unless he gives me permission. If anyone can get his permission (in writing so I can see it) I will forward the full transcripts of the messages to anyone who is interested - or even post them to this forum. As it is now he told me not to contact him again so I won't.

This guy is a very difficult person to deal with. I have had to deal with him in the past. I was frustrated with him right off of the bat this time because of our history and because of his accusatory attitude in this email so I was a bit sarcastic with him.

Despite his accusations, NM Collector Software works fine with the latest version of Java (currently 1.6.29) on Mac, Windows, and Linux. I provided him with a url on how to make sure Java is set up properly on a Mac. However, he is so fixated on his diagnosis of the problem as being that NM Collector Software will not run on the latest version of Java that he is unable to see past that strong conviction of his.

With a purchase price of only $19.95 for a lifetime subscription ($49.95 delivered on a custom USB flash drive), there is only so much time I can spend dealing with difficult people like him. Other software companies sell their support at a hefty sum, often hundreds of dollars an hour. Perhaps this guy is used to dealing with those companies. If he was paying me $200.00 an hour to deal with him I would have been much nicer to him.

I have gladly gone out of my way to help other people who are nice to me even if it means helping them figure out what is wrong with their computer configuration. I have permission from them to provide their names as references to anybody who asks. If you want my support at least be nice to me about it. That is how the vast majority of people have been.

I'll bet there are even people on this forum who are happy with the software, happy with my support, and, despite the false accusations from dwood4215, are successfully running it even on the latest version of Java. I would love to hear from some of you all if you read this message.

Thanks for the band width.

Sincerely,

Clay
[email protected]

Yes, I can be a difficult customer when I purchase a product that does not work as advertised, or that has difficult to get running. As a business person you need to be able to deal with this type of customer and all customers with professionalism. I have been a business owner and service manager for many years and would never talk to one of my customers in this fashion.

That being said I am also one of the first to praise a company for their customer service and products. When the software was working I was impressed with the features that it had and would have been glad to be able to continue to use it. Since it will no longer work on my primary system I have had to go back to other ways of keeping my inventory.

Clay, you can post the entire thread of the email, I posted what I had to this point and it is factual. I am sorry that we had to go to this point and I am not going any further. I do not play these games, but do believe people should know about a companies customer service. The Java I uploaded was the Beta of 7 for your information, so you can check your code before it is released. This I hope will assist you in not having issues with other customers.

NM Collector Software DOES run under Java 7

The Java I uploaded was the Beta of 7 for your information, so you can check your code before it is released. This I hope will assist you in not having issues with other customers.

I will try to be as nice as I can about this. You have just proven my point. With your 30 years of IT experience you did not think it was relevant to tell me that you are using an incomplete Beta version of java 7? Perhaps, in your original email to me, instead of saying "I paid money to have a program that 
works," perhaps it would have been more productive to say "I am using a beta version of Java 7 for the Mac."

Would this be the Beta Java 7 for the Development community that clearly states that many required Mac OSX features (including the app launcher) are not yet available? As an IT professional don't you think that is a relevant piece of information to consider before falsely accusing the application that needs those features of being at fault?

For your information, NM Collector Software does run under Java 7 on Windows and Linux. As already noted, the port of Java 7 to the Mac is not yet complete. I am sure once that port is complete it will run fine under Java 7 on the Mac as well.

This is why you are so hard to work with. You claim to be an IT professional with 30 years of experience but you leave out relevant information that any IT professional would recognise is important to share, send me on wild goose chases (which I refused to go on this time) and then accuse my product of being at fault. I have a history of this kind of treatment from you. That is why, after you would not take my advice, I refused to go on your wild goose chase and told you to go away.

I rest my case.

Clay

NM Collector Software Feedback Guestbook page

Would anybody care to leave public comments on NM Collector Software? If so, you can leave them Link Removed.

Yes, it is moderated - to prevent spam and misrepresentations. However, if anybody wants to leave criticisms I will do my best, within reason, to resolve them.

Thanks!

Clay Pryor

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back