Gun Belts

sig p6

I would like to know if there is a gun belt out there that hide's the clips from a IWB holster. To me these stick out to much and say I am carrying.
I am new to the IWB as well as Wisconsin CCW, just want to know whats out there?.

I bought a black 1-1/2 belt from crossbreed, hides them for the most part but I mostly wear my shirts untucked anyway. I'm sure if you get a 2" belt you'll be ok. From all the pics I've seen from sites and reviews some of the clip is going to show if you tuck in your shirt.

J-hooks go over wasteband and under belt just barely. Hide real well, but places weight on pants wasteband... Hooks keep holster in place while drawing. C-hooks are similar but add another hook to carry weight on belt. More is visable than J hook, but far less than standard hooks. Both are dependent on a fixed belt width. If have Velcro on inside of belt Velcro hooks conceal behind belt. I haven't tried them yet. Little concerned about how much noise they might make. Hope this helps

You would be surprised at how few people would even notice. Most people who do see them, aren't going to know. Those who do know. Well, they'll just know. You see it because you are looking for it.

I'm not sure, that if you walked in to Wally World with a shotgun in a sling sticking out from under your coat people would notice.

Good luck.

Don't bury it too deep!

When you first start carrying...the urge is to bury the gun deep, especially if you live or work in an social climate where firearms are unpopular. Holster manufacturers are quick to capitalize on this with things like J-clips, C-clips, and "tuckable" holsters.

The problem is...when you're being assaulted...you don't want to have the gun buried under too much clothing. And it's also less advantageous if you have to use a two-handed maneuver to access the firearm (ie untuck shirt, then grip).

For me personally - I like sport coats, oversize sweat shirts, sporting/photographer vests, and other sorts of garments that "swing away", and allow me a one-handed draw and reholstering from a strong-side OWB hip holster.

I just use a black belt behind the black holster clip. You would have to be very observant..... And lift my cover garment to see.

I still like my belly band. Got one originally as something cheap to use while I decide what to use permanently, and ended up using it all the time. Works great.

Crossbreed also makes clips that velcro to the back of your belt. They custom make belts and you can get the back of the belt lined with velcro as well if you don't want to put patches on them. Doesn't pull on your waistband as bad as J-hooks and they are completely hidden.

sig, you, like I and lots of other new CCW's are very self conscious of printing, etc. and being spotted.

So far, the more I wear mine, the less I become so paranoid about anyone noticing.
Stopped at a diner to eat. A bunch of LEO's came in for lunch and sat at the table next to me. I almost had a coronary! Realized I was legal and started to relax. Now I'm not nearly as concerned.

BUT, I do wear my shirt out or a vest and try to keep everything out of sight. Few people scrutinize what we are wearing. Unless you go to Walmart . . . .

Sig P6

I am also a new CCW holder from Wisconsin. I have the same issues concerning IWB carry. After looking over several forums I purchased a 1 1/2 inch Velcro lined belt from the Beltman as Gun Belts by The Belt Man. I hope to have my new belt buy mid to late Jan. This new belt allows for several clip options but the V-clip from Crossbreed or similar manufacturer is your best option to completely hide the holster mounts, followed by the J-clip which show if your know what to look for.

Good luck.

Johannes

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back