Gun belt buckle causes scare at a bank

Cooter

Liberty or Death
This is just ridiculous. People's lack of intelligence is frightening. This happened in San Diego last year, but I just heard about it

Link Removed

Kind of a large buckle to where all the time, being on the west coast I could see that happening.:mp230603214546Murde. to bad for the young man thou.

The two men are not facing any charges.????

What would they be charged with? Unlawful carrying of a belt buckle? Then again we are talking about CA.

Hmmm...well, to everyone here it might be at least halfway obvious that something is a belt buckle, but to the average bank teller seeing this guy 15 yards away with a halfway realistic-looking gun on his lap area, it might be a lot more scary.

Hey, at least there's not a story where a guy openly displaying a real gun sat in the lobby for 10 minutes before getting up and robbing the place. That would be even more stupid. I thought most banks these days have a full-time LEO inside though? I at least see a cabbage cop when I walk into most places.

Heck I see even scarier stuff on the national news every night. That is news footage of Obama and Hillary.

Help I'm Scared

My son has a very realistic cap gun...I'm afraid of the pop pop pop noise

Gun belt buckle my eye...Welcome to da Peoples Republic of Kalifornia...Papers please...:mp230603214546Murde

"It's a belt buckle," Johnson told NBC 7/39. "Maybe they should have just looked at it and said it wasn't a real gun."

That is called Common Sense...we lost that many decades ago!:unsure::icon_cry:

There are so many people out there that are so uneducated about guns they wouldn't know a real one from a fake one if they could hold it. They see anything that resembles a gun and they panic.

Could you imagine walking out of the bank and having a half dozen cops draw down one you!

My son has a very realistic cap gun...I'm afraid of the pop pop pop noise

Gun belt buckle my eye...
Maybe so, but walking into a bank with it would not be using common sense. A lot of people say the P3AT (with the olive green polymer finish) and the Beretta Bobcat look like "toy guns", and the same is also true with these painted guns that are popping up now. You might not expect a gun painted neon green and pink to be real, but they do exist.

What do we expect when we live in a society when your kid can draw a gun at school, get suspended, and then someone from social services comes knocking on your door.

There are so many people out there that are so uneducated about guns they wouldn't know a real one from a fake one if they could hold it. They see anything that resembles a gun and they panic.

Very true, I've got a friend who thought the difference between a rifle and a shotgun was how many times you could fire them before reloading. Her whole gun knowledge before meeting me came from novels (like the romance kind, not the tactical shooting kind). Education is very important.

Gun Belt Buckle

The images of the belt buckle in this story looked pretty realistic to me, and I did not spot it across the lobby of a bank. I was flying out of Sky Harbor Airport, in Phoenix, AZ one day, and had a belt buckle that was a revolver as seen from about a 1/4 view, which was about 2 inches by 3 inches. The idiot TSA guy made me take it off and give it to my wife, so I had to get to my plane using a cane, carrying my carry-on and holding my pants up as they were playing Civil War and trying to secede from the top. Only a real, certified idiot would have thought the buckle I was wearing looked like a real gun, and it looked even more phony than the guy in Mira Mesa.

Last edited:
The images of the belt buckle in this story looked pretty realistic to me, and I did not spot it across the lobby of a bank. I was flying out of Sky Harbor Airport, in Phoenix, AZ one day, and had a belt buckle that was a revolver as seen from about a 1/4 view, which was about 2 inches by 3 inches. The idiot TSA guy made me take it off and give it to my wife, so I had to get to my plane using a cane, carrying my carry-on and holding my pants up as they were playing Civil War and trying to secede from the top. Only a real, certified idiot would have thought the buckle I was wearing looked like a real gun, and it looked even more phony than the guy in Mira Mesa.
"TSA" says it all

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back