Gun & Baton carry law in Colorado...

mrsprkns10

My husband and I are wanting to move to Colorado from Texas. He has several guns and a baton. I think I pretty much got the basic laws down about the guns but he still needs to know about the baton. What is the law about an expanding baton? Is it legal or illegal? Your help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

i walked into a store in california back in 2001 and bought an asp. didnt need id, paper work, badge or anything. i was workin security there and had to have a permit to carry at work, but ive never been told they are illegal to own. i now live in texas, dont use the asp anymore, still have not been told they are illegal, but i also dont carry it. id call the pd or sheriff's in the county your moving to and ask them direct what their laws are.
good luck

Link Removed

Try looking at these statues. It is quite possible it is not addressesd by name becasue it is only a weapon if you use it as one.

Colorado seems to have a concealed weapons permit vs. a concealed firearms permit so with the permit you would be able to carry it.

Regardless. Keeping it inaccessable during transpot to you new home and keeping it in your house should not be a problem unless a local ordinance specifically prohibits it.

Most states give you a time period (Florida is 90 days) from the time you become a resident to obtain a new CCW. So if you already have a CCW from your state then you can carry your firearm and baton on that license.

Link Removed

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back