Grilled Salmon!

carracer

My Favorite! I prefer Salmon Steaks but they are getting more difficult to find. Every store sells fillets instead. I like using Lemon-Pepper and Sea Salt to season. I use a fork to poke holes all over it and pour on teriyaki sauce. Poke it more to get the sauce into the meat. Squeeze an Orange over it and let it soak for a while. I cook over coals and have to be careful not to overcook. I like the edges blackened a little but the meat moist on the inside.

I don't like fish, but I see my wife's uncle cooking fish at all our outdoor gatherings. He makes a little tray of foil and puts about 1/8" of lemon juice in there, and then salt and pepper over the top.

To carracer. Here's another simple recipe for grilled salmon for you to try. Works with both steaks & filets. Cover bottom of pan with maple syrup (yep, maple syrup) Float top of syrup with fresh cracked pepper. Coat both sides of salmon with the syrup. Grill as usual. The maple syrup creates a glaze on the fish very quickly, which holds in the moisture and flavor. You will NOT taste the syrup. My question for you is: Do you prefer wild salmon or farmed?

To carracer. Here's another simple recipe for grilled salmon for you to try. Works with both steaks & filets. Cover bottom of pan with maple syrup (yep, maple syrup) Float top of syrup with fresh cracked pepper. Coat both sides of salmon with the syrup. Grill as usual. The maple syrup creates a glaze on the fish very quickly, which holds in the moisture and flavor. You will NOT taste the syrup. My question for you is: Do you prefer wild salmon or farmed?

Friends don't let friends eat farmed fish.

Sounds delicious! Will try that next time I bbq.

I've tried farming salmon, just can't seem to get them to root.

Wild is the only way to go!

I have started using a cast iron pan over the coals and have been getting the perfect crust. I usually use fresh lemon or lime, pepper and maybe some paprika-? . sometimes I Bread them with 1 part flower 2 parts corn meal and mix in oregano flakes, lemon pepper, paprika, I fry them with a light coat of canola oil in the cast iron on the grill and throw a chip of apple wood on the coals.

Most of the time I like to keep it simple.

Thin sliced lemon layed evenly on the filet and cook it on the grill on a Cedar plank.

Friends don't let friends eat farmed fish.
Farmed fish are usually fed with food originating from China -- same food producers that gave us that poisoned dog food stuff several years ago. I lost a beautiful Rottie because of that. Look for 'Copper River' brand salmon at your supermarkets or fish stores if you're buying it. 'Copper River' is wild caught Alaskan salmon.

I just love BBQ food, especially the grilled salmon. My mother makes the best in the town. She has a special way of cooking which involves peppers, lemon juice and some sauces which makes it taste like heaven.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back