Grab A**, or Sexual Harassment?

Stratus41298

A story my uncle told me once that happened while he was working (he's an EMT):

My uncle responded to an assault call. When he got there he saw three people involved that the police were talking to. One of the guys had blood all over his face clearly from being punched in the nose and the other two were a girl/guy couple. While my uncle was checking the "victim" out, my uncle heard the "suspect" giving his side of the story. The man basically said, "this guy grabbed my girlfriend's ass and I punched him for it."

To which the officer replied, "Nooo...... Your significant other was sexually harrassed by this man and you were merely detaining him using a reasonable amount of force until the police arrived." The man nodded and smiled.

My uncle decided the so-called victim was fine and could wait for medical attention until after he was booked. :)

A story my uncle told me once that happened while he was working (he's an EMT):

My uncle responded to an assault call. When he got there he saw three people involved that the police were talking to. One of the guys had blood all over his face clearly from being punched in the nose and the other two were a girl/guy couple. While my uncle was checking the "victim" out, my uncle heard the "suspect" giving his side of the story. The man basically said, "this guy grabbed my girlfriend's ass and I punched him for it."

To which the officer replied, "Nooo...... Your significant other was sexually harrassed by this man and you were merely detaining him using a reasonable amount of force until the police arrived." The man nodded and smiled.

My uncle decided the so-called victim was fine and could wait for medical attention until after he was booked. :)

That is a GREAT story!!! I'd like to shake that officers hand!

Similar true story...

Similarly, back when I was a LEO in Michigan...

I was sent to a west side bar where reports of a white male assaulting patrons was directed to me to respond to.

I get there - upset bar patrons point across the street... I turn the corner... a "healthy" (large) white female easily in her 50's was kneeling on this dude's back and just jack-hammering on the side of his head with some hard punches. Presumably the woman's husband/signficant other was seated on a front porch stoop catching his breath.

I roll up - "how's it going?"
"Good."
"You happen to see a white male assaulting patrons in the bar back there?"
The woman holds her punch and the husband just look at me .... the guy getting his head pounding (the suspect) starts yelling..."get her off me you @$$hole!"

To which I say, "let me check the neighborhood a little more thoroughly - see if I find this tough guy. Carry on and enjoy your evening." I roll on and laugh at this joker, because he was getting his.

The bad guy picked the wrong couple to pick a fight with. The husband chased and caught him and his lady "fixed him" - street justice style. Apparently, the BG talked trash and sucker-punched the WOMAN, then ran. Tough guy. I'm all in favor of solving problems at the lowest level. Less paperwork and more fulfulling and all that... True story.

When I was a kid, I was with a group of people on a trip to a historical site. Mostly adults, but a few younger kids too. We stop at a fastfood joint on the way home. Two young girls come out to the counter and tell their mom that one of the guys in the group was in the women's restroom while they were in there. Another guy in our group overhears this and questions the guy when he comes out. He says "Yea, I had to go and the men's room was full." Next thing I know, he is laying on his back after getting hit in the face. Cop shows up and after hearing the story, says'You know, I have a 12 yr old daughter. I'd have done the same thing. Have a good day." And out the door he went. I still remember that 30 some yrs later like it happened yesterday.

I am a firm believer in "natural justice". It stinks to live in a society these days where a man can't throw a justified punch.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back