Got spotted in a gun store

A.Quigley

I was carrying my LC9 when I stopped by a local gun store looking for a sizing die. I had on a cover shirt that covers the entire gun but it seems when I bent over at the waist to look on a low shelf it printed very well.
Then a voice from behind the counter ask me what kind of 45 I was carrying. I stood and told him it was an LC9. Was a little embarassed that I had been discovered but then I thought it was a gun guy that spotted me and he'd know what that print was.
Anybody else been outted?

I haven't been yet but I'm sure it will happen to most people at one point or another. I usually try to squat when looking at something on a low shelf. Due in part to the fact that I carry and also because I have a herniated disk. I normaly wear a 2x tall button down shirt unbuttoned at a cover shirt. Carry a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm full size.

If a guy who works at a gun store automatically assumes any gun he sees through a shirt is a .45, I would not be as embarrassed as he should be. Anybody who doesnt know much about guns, especially liberals, think the only handguns are the "9 millimeter", a "45", or a Glock.

We already have a pretty lengthy thread on this topic about being discovered, I would suggest taking a look at it.

Normally I pocket carry but with a little bit of cool weather here in S. Florida I'll wear an overshirt. This gives me an opportunity to carry some of my pistols that normally would stay home. The other day I had my HK P2000 on my hip (under the shirt of course) and walked out of the supermarket when I got hit with a strong gust of wind. My overshirt flew up and open, exposing the pistol for an instant. Not sure if anyone saw it but it was pretty busy and there were a lot of people around. I just kept walking. Fortunately earlier this year such accidental flashings were decriminalized in Florida.

As a fortunate resident of one of America's free-er states, Arizona, my response is a bemused, "So what?" Here, if you aren't carrying, we worry.

A.Quigley:248270 said:
I was carrying my LC9 when I stopped by a local gun store looking for a sizing die. I had on a cover shirt that covers the entire gun but it seems when I bent over at the waist to look on a low shelf it printed very well.
Then a voice from behind the counter ask me what kind of 45 I was carrying. I stood and told him it was an LC9. Was a little embarassed that I had been discovered but then I thought it was a gun guy that spotted me and he'd know what that print was.
Anybody else been outted?
Its no big deal that someone saw you. You were in a Gun Store ". People who go to Gun Stores usually have guns or are looking for one. And beside, it your business what you have and no one else.

Recently in Wal-Mart I knelt down to check an item on the lower shelf. My back was almost against the shelf behind me. As I stood back up, a gentleman said "Excuse me officer" as he passed in front of me. I was dressed in blue jeans, a dark navy blue or black tee-shirt with one of my usual long cover shirts. Since I am not a police officer, this surprised me, but I did not show it. Of course I was carrying, but this was the first time I had ever been outted.

I carry regularly where it's legal and have only had one incident where I was outed and that was last Tuesday. I was in a meeting during negotiations and during a caucus one of our guys asked me what that shiny thing was on my belt. I thought he might have seen my gun but it was only my flashlight. Later I was trying to put my cell phone away without lifting my shirt too much and he said "you carry a gun?!?!?" Fortunately it wasn't very loud and no one else responded but I explained how open carry is legal and concealed carry is legal with a permit. I guess after he saw my flashlight he must have wondered what else I had on my "Inspector Gadget" tool belt. LOL The next day I left my LC9 at home and carried my LCP in my pocket.

A. Quigley has been here since this JUST past November. He has 5 post's.

Why is it OK for some folks to jump down his throat about not knowing there are ways to look up past post's that may have answered some of his questions.

Why also it not OK to just start another thread for his particular situation?

What a way to welcome a guy on board.

A. Quigley, welcome aboard buddy. Don't give up on us, most of us have no problem with any questions or statements you may have. Most of us may give you bit of ball busting in jest from time to time but it's mostly friendly.

Hope to see you around some.

KK

Several years ago a carload of kids (my age at the time)pulled up next to me on Saddlecreek(?)road in Omaha. They started waving bats at me and told me they were going to kick my ass at the next light. I reached over on the seat, picked up a Model 29 and pointed it at the driver's head. A guy in the back yelled "Oh S-poop-t he's got a gun!" and they took a hard left and got the Hell out of dodge.

Guess you could say I got outed

With the thousands of posts already here most everything should have been covered. I make a motion that we not accept any new posts, especially any as ridiculous as this one. All in favor stand up and stick a finger in your eye. :) :)

My or my, can I open a can of worms. Hate some of ya'll don't like repeat threads. I don't usually go onto a board and do a search to see if anythings been covered or not. Usually just say whats on my mind at the time and go from there.
Not trying to rattle any cages, this was just something on my mind as I was looking at the site and I told my story then asked a question.
Anyhow, glad I ain't the only one been spotted and know I won't be the last.

Oh and by the way. I don't figure what was said as ball busting. When ya work with the crew I do, this was nuttin. LOL!

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back