Got myself a Christmas present!!!

PaulIcemanMc

I know I should wait for someone to give me one but who better to get me what I really want? A new FN Five-seveN Herstal. Boy is it sweet. Don't know how to add a picture so I changed my avatar to brag on my new toy. It is light and shoots real well. Does anybody have any experience with this gun that they would like to share? Happy New Year to all!!:rolleyes:

I know I should wait for someone to give me one but who better to get me what I really want? A new FN Five-seveN Herstal. Boy is it sweet. Don't know how to add a picture so I changed my avatar to brag on my new toy. It is light and shoots real well. Does anybody have any experience with this gun that they would like to share? Happy New Year to all!!:rolleyes:

Very nice. I got a little money for Christmas so I ordered a Mosin Nagant M38. I don't have it yet, but I am sure it wont be as nice as your FN. Congrats

I did the same thing as you! Can't fix the picture thing, so I also changed my avatar. A Beretta CX-4 in .40 S&W, with all attached rails and red dot optics. If it's not here by this time next week, I'll be in the dumps.

FN Five-seveN

the Five-seveN is a very capable firearm. It will defeat body armor out to 200 yds. and i hear it shoots flat out that far too! It's issued to Secret Service and has a whopping 20 rd. capacity. I've considered picking one up in case a Democrat gets elected (cops hate it for the above reasons. might get banned). A word on ammo selection: unless you buy SS109then you're only getting a fancy .22 SS109 is the good stuff!

-Drive fast and shoot straight

oooooooooo

nice...very nice...

All I got (in absentia) was a CZ SP-01. Had a family member pick one up for me and put it in the lockbox.

That Beretta looks NICE. Gotta shop that. Let's see birthday? Father's Day? How about Valentine's Day?!?

nice...very nice...

All I got (in absentia) was a CZ SP-01. Had a family member pick one up for me and put it in the lockbox.

That Beretta looks NICE. Gotta shop that. Let's see birthday? Father's Day? How about Valentine's Day?!?

For some reason, it doesn't seem to be very popular. You can find them pretty readily on gunbroker.com. Retail is around $700 or more, but you can find them for less than $600 on GB. That's where I got mine.

Nice

Very nice iceman and pascal! I don't own a FN but I have shot one of my buddies. I was suprised by how light the gun was.

I must not have gotten as much Christmas money as you guys but I was able to pick up a rear flipup sight and vertical grip for my AR15. Now all I need is the Aimpoint. Here she is.

HPIM0259.jpg

Boy I thought it was going to be one of those bad black guns. Looks real nice .Gun store I shop has 6 month waiting list for best aimpoint.

Boy I thought it was going to be one of those bad black guns. Looks real nice .Gun store I shop has 6 month waiting list for best aimpoint.

Ya I heard how those big bad "black guns" turn people into crazed killers. That's why I built that one with OD green Furniture! lol

I'm still trying to decide if I want to go with an Aimpoint or a EOTech.

I did not get a new weapon but I did get a "Urban Strider" chest rig to carry my firearm in when running or walking.

Man, I'm beginning to feel that Santa didn't love me this year. Guess I'll just have to make it up to myself. Now, do I want the new Walther PPS or a new 6.8 SPC AR-15? Or maybe a Kimber Ultra Carry. Or.....;)

color of your weapon

I was recently in a training exercise conducted in desert terrain. I used to think that colored guns were just a new fad. They actually serve a genunie purpose (aside from being BAD AND BLACK).

I was surprised how quick that black AR-15 stands out in desert terrain. Anyone wearing, or carrying, black gear was very easy to spot. They boys with the expensive toys (coyote brown / TDU gear and guns) were able to move nearly undetected.

I am now considering getting color variants for each of my favorite guns. One in Coyote, one in Black, and one in OD green.

Couldn't hurt..... (ok, maybe the pocketbook)

colored guns

all new military weapon contracts state "no black guns" for the reasons mentioned here. I personally find colored weapons aesthetically pleasing; my P99 has a green frame, my AR is dressed in coyote brown furniture and I plan to color the Kel-Tec soon. my $.02

Aimpoint or Eotech

Kimber
I just went through the Aimpoint/Eotech selection process. I have one of the Aimpoint knockoffs (Tacpoint) and it works well so I know I would like the Aimpoint. I did most of my research on AR15.com and found perhaps a slight bias in favor of the Eotech, from those who own both. Either way you can't go wrong. I selected the Eotech, just shipped from ebay yesterday. I can't say why I flipped and went with the Eotech. Perhaps it has a slightly better field of vision. Hopefully I'll get to the range next week and try it.
Happy New Year
Cheers
Joe

Mytoy
Link Removed

Kimber
I just went through the Aimpoint/Eotech selection process. I have one of the Aimpoint knockoffs (Tacpoint) and it works well so I know I would like the Aimpoint. I did most of my research on AR15.com and found perhaps a slight bias in favor of the Eotech, from those who own both. Either way you can't go wrong. I selected the Eotech, just shipped from ebay yesterday. I can't say why I flipped and went with the Eotech. Perhaps it has a slightly better field of vision. Hopefully I'll get to the range next week and try it.
Happy New Year
Cheers
Joe

PS
The green furniture looks great.

Thanks Joeren. I have heard the Aimpoint is better for co-witnessing but please send me an IM and let me know how you like the Eotech.

I have been told by those I trust that Eotech is not as good for older eyes. Almost a blur in the center of sight. I have not got one because of this and I really like the 533.

Kwo51

I have been told by those I trust that Eotech is not as good for older eyes. Almost a blur in the center of sight. I have not got one because of this and I really like the 533.

I've read this as well. At least one person said that he had astigmatisms and that he could not use the Eotech. The Aimpoint was not a problem. I've had lasik surgery about seven years ago in which my primary problem was astigmatism. My optometrist said he can not even detect astigmatism in either of my eyes any longer. Although I still need reading glasses for close up vision. I hope this will not be an issue. If it is look for my Eotech on ebay.

Cheers
Joe
Sorry for the previous double post. I posted the first one with the picture and it didn't show up so I re-posted without the picture. Now they're both posted.

:eek:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back