Got my CWP today!!

moaugusta

Yes!! It only took 9 days!! I am happy as hell!

Thanks...Yea, That is 1 good thing about Gerogia. Cherokee County anyway... Man, I have to get used to this. I guess I should have been wearing it around the house. I guess placement in my waistband and comfort are things I will learn along the way. It is weird to sit down with it, and it is a Glock 27 subcompact. I can't imagine my USP 45. That would be impossible...

Last edited:
9 days?! Awesome.
Mine took 7.5 months in NY, though one of my references took a while getting his paperwork back to the sheriff's office.

Thanks All. I will absolutely carry safe and definately often.. Wow, same day in PA, thats the way it should be. Although I am not complaining. 7 and a half months is just not right. I'm originally from NJ and didn't even think we could conceal up there in NJ and NY. It took me 6 months up in NJ just to get a fireams ID, which only let me carry rifles and shotguns to and from the range...First day out was a little strange. I kept thinking everyone was looking at it..lol I am carrying a Glock 27 IWB.

Congrats! My original MA LTC Class A took about 60 days and subsequent renewals have been approx 30 days. My NH permit took about 10 days. I always carry. The awkwardness wears off after about two weeks of consistent carry.

Surf, did you apply for a non-resident NH permit? I did mine 2 months ago and haven't heard a word but didn't know if this was usual. When do you think i should start making noise?

Thanks...Yea, That is 1 good thing about Gerogia. Cherokee County anyway... Man, I have to get used to this. I guess I should have been wearing it around the house. I guess placement in my waistband and comfort are things I will learn along the way. It is weird to sit down with it, and it is a Glock 27 subcompact. I can't imagine my USP 45. That would be impossible...

pretty soon it will just be a part of you and you will feel naked without it. I was just in germany for the last 5 days and it was like I was forgetting to put on my underwear or something:)

I have been carrying my SR9 around the house since I got it, just to get used to the feeling. Just started carrying it out to the store and such. Today I got dressed before work (no gun), and at first it felt like i had it on, then i just felt weird not having it on.

I think I am used to it already. I've moved it around a few times to find the most comfortable spot. It seems 5:00 is the best for me. I couldn't even tell I had it on today. I love it!

Congrat's

It took over 90 days, but I did get a apologie letter from SLED for taking so long. just try to get one from NYS. You will die of old age before you get one from them. God bless the south!!!!! :pleasantry:

Congratulations! Now, do yourself a real favor and learn how to use the damn thing. I recommend the 4-day defensive handgun course at Frontsight. Just took my wife thru the course in Nevada. She has never fired a weapon of any type. After the class, she can draw from a concealed holster and fire two rounds into the thorasic cavity (chest) inside of 2 seconds. The training was superb. Look 'em up (Frontsight.com).

JJFlash

I live in jersey and was told that I could go to pa and get a non resident ccp. my question is where do I go "in person" to get it?

Thanks guys! JJ, thanks, I definately know how to use my weapon. I've been around guns since I was 8 and I'm 42 now. I just decided to start carrying. SV, I was born and raised in Wharton NJ. Been here in GA for 19 years.( ALways be a Jersey boy)..GO GIANTS AND DEVILS!!! Good luck with the CWP....

Last edited:
Not to belabor the point, or doubt your word, but I've been around firearms all my life, also (I'm 55) and have had ccocealed carry permits since about 1980. But, IMO, unless you have had formal defensive and tactical handgun training, you don't know what you don't know. Maybe we should start a forum on this or something. I'm really on my high horse about this issue since I just completed some training at Frontsight (they advertise on this site). It was fantastic!! I have been a stalwart 2nd Amendment kind of guy all my life but I now wonder how many people get CC permits and just "strap 'em on" with no real capability to use 'em in a tactical situation. The vast majority, I would bet. By no means do I suggest that everyone be legally required to be trained at a shooting school before they exercise their rights. But I truly have a whole different mentality and capability to handle myself and my weapon since attending Frontsight. And what the hell can it hurt? Just my two cents; I'm open to other opinions. I'm now a proud (and capable) sheepdog.

JJFlash

90+ days for Florida and the Legislature is trying to take $6 Million out of the trust fund that is supposed to be used for hiring people and upgrade machines, etc.. Something is NOT right with this picture!!! (IF in Florida, see the thread about this!!!)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back