Got my 1st S&W M&P

DLeeHarley

Hey all I just picked up my first M&P. It's a .40FS I decided on the .40 because all I need to do is get a 9mm barrel & mag to shoot the cheaper ammo. Also I can get a .357 barrel and have 3 different calibers! Works for me. And because of my size I'll be able to use it for CC if I want to give any of my others a rest. But not before I make damn sure it's reliable enough to trust my and my families lives too. Any suggestions for a holster for a full size M&P? I prefer a high and tight OWB @ 3-4 o'clock. Thanks in advance. Later,

Dennis in Idaho
Keep your Powder Dry!

I started with FS .357sig and got the .40 barrel. I works great in both calibers. .357sig is more flat shooting for me, but I have to ask about using the 9mm. Have you used all 3?
I am of the impression that 9mm requires a different spring to cycle flawlessly (I can qoute that if needed), Hoping you report differently, but considering the power of .357sig, vs .40, vs 9mm I have educated doubts that all work without more changes than just a barrel change. NOTE: .40 and .357sig do swap with a barrel change for me, but high loads of .357sig cycle better than the .40 barrel using the same clips. 9mm would also rewuire a different clip as I understand it.

I use a DeSantis OWB with my SW40. Has extra slot for FBI cant or straight up and down. I wear mine at the 2:30 position. Sometimes I'll pass the belt so that it rides on the out side. Really pull's it in tight. And is adjustable for gun tightness.

I use a DeSantis OWB with my SW40. Has extra slot for FBI cant or straight up and down. I wear mine at the 2:30 position. Sometimes I'll pass the belt so that it rides on the out side. Really pull's it in tight. And is adjustable for gun tightness.

Thanks gejoslin that helps a lot. But I don't think I could wear my holster at the 2:30 position although I wish I could. I'm 6'4" and over (just a little;-) ) 300# so I think 3-4 or a small of the back (SOB) but since I drive quite a bit I already ruled out the SOB holster. Also thanks for all the other suggestions. Later

Dennis in Idaho
Keep your Powder Dry!

Got my 1st S&W M&P

I am 6' 4" and 250 and carry between 3 and 4 using an IWB by PJ Holster or Galco and carry either an M&P Shield, XD or P229. Can carry all day comfortably.

I carry my full sized M&P 9 pistol OWB in a Don Hume 721 with retention strap. It conceals very nicely with a loose shirt and is much cheaper than many others out there if you look around on Ebay. Got mine new for ~$37.

Thanks gejoslin that helps a lot. But I don't think I could wear my holster at the 2:30 position although I wish I could. I'm 6'4" and over (just a little;-) ) 300# so I think 3-4 or a small of the back (SOB) but since I drive quite a bit I already ruled out the SOB holster. Also thanks for all the other suggestions. Later

Dennis in Idaho
Keep your Powder Dry!

I'm also 6' 4" and a slim 270 (yeah right!). I'm looking for a cross draw holster for driving. 5 hrs to Dallas and 7.5 hrs to OK city. I don't want it off my person. That way no matter what happens it's always on me and accessible.

I'm also 6' 4" and a slim 270 (yeah right!). I'm looking for a cross draw holster for driving. 5 hrs to Dallas and 7.5 hrs to OK city. I don't want it off my person. That way no matter what happens it's always on me and accessible.

I was a Trucker for over 25 years (Owner Operator for about 1/2 of that) before I retired so I'm used to driving. And I'm with you I really don't care for the holsters that mount or are strapped to the interior of your vehicle. So for a road trip I'm thinking about a shoulder holster. I myself would not care to wear one all the time for CC, but for driving, and being right handed, I think it would be the perfect way to carry. That way when ever you stop to eat or whatever, you don't need to unnecessarily handle your weapon many times. Reducing the chances for a ND, forgetting it in the vehicle or having to secure it everytime you get out. Also I'm glad you've slimed down. Tell me your secret. YMMV :D Later,

Dennis in Idaho
Keep your Powder Dry!

I like my Galco leather IWB... if that's what you're into sometimes. I usually only carry my 9c during the winter though, it's too bulky for summer carry. Most of the time I carry my TCP actually, it's just so darn comfy...

You may look up PhillyEDC on you tube. All hand made kydex. It looks like a very quality holster. I'll be ordering one soon.

I was a Trucker for over 25 years (Owner Operator for about 1/2 of that) before I retired so I'm used to driving. And I'm with you I really don't care for the holsters that mount or are strapped to the interior of your vehicle. So for a road trip I'm thinking about a shoulder holster. I myself would not care to wear one all the time for CC, but for driving, and being right handed, I think it would be the perfect way to carry. That way when ever you stop to eat or whatever, you don't need to unnecessarily handle your weapon many times. Reducing the chances for a ND, forgetting it in the vehicle or having to secure it everytime you get out. Also I'm glad you've slimed down. Tell me your secret. YMMV :D Later,

Dennis in Idaho
Keep your Powder Dry!

A shoulder holster would work well this winter with a cover jacket. But here in Southern Arkansas it's too warm for jackets 9 months out of the year. The little woman just can't understand why I need more than one holster. But she's getting her CHCL pretty soon. She'll understand then. But I told her, it's like you having only 1 pair of shoes! :sarcastic:
But I have Uncle Mikes IWB, NRA Slide holster and my DeSantis. Covers most situations but an additional cross draw and shoulder holster I think, would cover them all.

Jerry

Hey gejoslin I took your advice and picked up a DeSantis OWB Thumb Break Scabbard belt holster in tan. Found it yesterday at Cabela's for $49.95 I put my M&P .40 in an old dress sock and inserted in in the holster for the night. It seems to fit great this morning with just a little adjustment to the tension screw. I'll let you know how it goes in the comfort & concealment dept's. Thanks again all for your advice and help. Later.

ps: Please say a prayer for the deceased in Conn. and for their friends, family, loved ones & and anyone else who's been effected or touched by this Evil act. God Bless them all!

Dennis in Idaho
Keep your Powder Dry!

Man we'be got a lot of Big Boys in here. Sounds more like one of my offensive line meetings in football! Maybe we can get an old man team together. LOL:p Thanks for all your help people. Watching our President "Obrady" talking gun control. Later,

Dennis in Idaho
Keep your Powder Dry!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back