Got a PT145 today

toreskha

Titles are un-American.
I got this earlier today, along with a Galco holster. It's not broken in yet and I probably won't have time to do so until January as I'm leaving on Monday for a week. However, I'll be bringing it along so that I can get used to carrying it. I've really been thinking for a long time about switching to .45 as my primary defensive caliber, and this is a big move in that direction.

Link Removed

As a side note, while in the store I got the old "don't carry in the gun store" routine, and the guy at the counter gave a completely illogical explanation. :rolleyes: Does anyone know where that thread is?

Congrats. I have one as well and alternate carry with my Springfield EMP 9mm. This is a great little gun for which I have had not problems. One note, make sure not to limp wrist it, as it may stove pipe on you. I thought I may be having problems with it, as anyone else in my family that shot it, jammed it. Then I realized that they were not holding firmly. I have never had a problem. Once they fixed their grip, no more problems. I have put about 2000+ rounds through mine and it still performs like new.

I read the same thread a while back, but can't remember where it it was. Sorry. Enjoy your new toy.

Congrats. I have one as well and alternate carry with my Springfield EMP 9mm. This is a great little gun for which I have had not problems. One note, make sure not to limp wrist it, as it may stove pipe on you. I thought I may be having problems with it, as anyone else in my family that shot it, jammed it. Then I realized that they were not holding firmly. I have never had a problem. Once they fixed their grip, no more problems. I have put about 2000+ rounds through mine and it still performs like new.

I read the same thread a while back, but can't remember where it it was. Sorry. Enjoy your new toy.
Thanks for the tip. I look forward to taking it to the range as soon as I get the chance. I feel as though I get a good grip on it and it's very compact but still big enough to accommodate my entire hand.

Congrats on the new gun and holster. It is always fun to get a new firearm. Once you have had time to get to the range let us know how it did.

Excuse the double post. My computer is doing crazy stuff. Or at least I can blame the computer.

Too many double taps at the range got you into a routine?

Oh, yeah, Toreskha- nice addition. The Taurus PT145s don't stay on the shelf long here. And in Florida those signs mean less than the Push or Pull signs.

Rule #1 of CCW: Don't get made.

I thought rule #1 was carry a gun.

That is implied rule #1. Or else why be on a ccw board? :wink:

Just my biggest pet peeve. If you conceal, then hide the darn thing. If you OC then do it. But pick one to do at a time... Don't even get me started as to WHY I feel some people are always getting "made". It's to close to Christmas to be nasty :biggrin:

ps. I won't respond TWICE, my computer is just fine.

The PT 145 is a great CCW weapon. I carry mine at least 3 times a month! Its a VERY reliable shooter! Great Choice....Hope you have been practicing since your first post last year!!:yes2:

Funny... the PT145 is the gun my primary care physician has. I'm trying to talk him into getting his CC permit and a comfortable concealable holster.

+1

Good choice on the PT145. I have the stainless version I carry everyday in a Crossbreed Supertuck.
CrossbreedHolster.jpg

I carry the PT in a C-TAC holster, also have thier kydex double mag pouch. Love the PT and have put well over a 1000 rounds through it with no problems. The C-TAC is very adjustable and works well with the PT but is uncomfortable while riding in my truck but other than that it carries well. Have carried this combination since 2005.

Congrats on your Pt145. I have the PT140pro and have been very impressed with it. It is the older version that is DAO and has a very long trigger pull. However, it has been a great pistol. I have never had the slightest problem with it. I have shot cheap stuff, expensive stuff, reloads and never a hiccup of any kind. I think you'll be pleased.

I bought a used PT145 and it seems the factory 10 round mag, when loaded, is a little tight when inserted. In addition, when you rack the slide, it is a SOB to pull back and chamber a round. Almost like it is hanging up on the round when you try to rack one in the chamber, probably need to take it to gunsmith and have it tuned up?

Anyone else experience this?

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back