Got a new Springfield XD - very nice pistol!

dgsalmon

I've been thinking about buying a Springfield XD for a while; finally broke down and got one this weekend - a 45 Service model. Very nice gun - fits my hand very well (I used a .32 Beretta before - kinda small). Shoots very well left or right-handed, with very manageable recoil. Specially like the amidextrous safety & mag release.

Only minor gripe is that the magazine spring is REALLY hard. I'm not a weakling, but getting the last two shells in the 13 round mag is hard. I was glad of the mag loader that Springfield provided! Maybe it will ease up with some use.

Put almost 200 rounds through it so far - nice tight groups at up to 25 yards. Definitely would recommend it to anyone........:smile:

Bought a new XD 45 last spring and have since put around 2000 rounds or so thru it. Has never missed a beat. Comfortable and accurate; ridiculously easy to field strip. It's my 24/7 carry gun.

Congrats on the XD. I bought a XD 45 compact and love it.
I like magazine springs that have "extra" tension, that way they still have plenty left after they are loaded for several months.

I really put my .45 cal XD thru the paces during my last Front Sight course a few weeks ago: in 2 days, shot over 500 rounds, it was VERY wet, and cold, and I dropped more than one mag on the wet range (had to anyway, for simulated malfunctions). Even tho I wiped 'em off, of course, you could feel the grit in the mags, which I'm sure got into the gun (racking the slide started to feel somewhat "gritty"). Not one glitch, the gun fed every time I racked the slide and fired and ejected every time I pulled the trigger. I cleaned the weapon when I got home and it was filthy, inside and out! So...I'm very happy with this weapon and quite confident it will not let me down, if I need it.

I'm thinking about buying an XD. I have a S&W 9mm and i dont know if i want the XD 40 subcompact or the 9mm XDM. anyone have any insight which i may like better? i have shot the 40 and its really nice, but the XDM looks like it might be even better...Either that or I'm also looking at the Bersa thunder .380 CC. that smaller one...has anyone had any experience with that?

Love my XD 45. Had a few feed issues with it when new. First 20 rounds had a couple stove pipes. Now, 500 rounds later, no problems. One of the loudest hand guns I have fired. Forgot to put my ear protection in the first time I fired it, ears range for hours.

Congrats on your XD. I have a service 45 myself. The best loader hands down is the UpLula. I have several Lula loaders and the UpLula. I see they new have a Baby Uplula for 22 to 380. They are made in Israel and work great. maglula Ltd. - The world's #1 magazine loaders and unloaders !
Red Hat:

Thanks for the tip about the UpLula. I saw the demo on their web site - looks real nice. The loader that comes with the XD is better than thumb-loading, but still kinda fiddly. I'm going to see if Cabela's have one that I can "touch & feel" and will probably buy one (or two!).

Thanks,
D.

Red Hat:

Thanks for the tip about the UpLula. I saw the demo on their web site - looks real nice. The loader that comes with the XD is better than thumb-loading, but still kinda fiddly. I'm going to see if Cabela's have one that I can "touch & feel" and will probably buy one (or two!).

Thanks,
D.

You'll end up with several like me!:biggrin:

good on your purchase...

I chose a 40 SW over the XD but was due to hand size I made my decision.
The XD Line is a handsome line of Guns.
JJK Haywood

Yep. Been carrying my XD-45 Compact for a little over 2-1/2 years now. Some people say that they're ugly, but I think they look better than any BLOCK. I love mine. The mag springs can indeed be a little stiff.

Good choice

I don't own one, but I've fired both the XD45 (full size) and the mid-sized 40 and liked both of them. If I was buying another handgun, I'd seriously consider one of the XD's.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back