Got a new Glock 17

Nutbar

Well, I went ahead and got myself a brand new Glock 17 and I gotta tell ya, it's an ugly looking bastard, heh. However, it shoots great and it's a comfortable weapon to carry, plus the 3 internal safety devices give me some peace of mind about carrying it with one in the chamber. Whats your opinions on Glock 17s? Was it a good choice?

Glock makes excellent firearms. Great choice, and welcome to the club. You may want to consider refraining from using the word "weapon". The term puts a negative image in people's minds. With the huge number of people who are "undecided" on 2A issues, we need to show ourselves in a positive light as much as possible. I usually call the firearm a "gun", "handgun", "pistol", etc.

Happy shooting. Let me know if you need help selecting ammunition for your new Glock.

gf

Congrat, I have a few Glock's and there preformance is outstanding, I carry a G19 every day... I think you made a great choice............

I have a 19. It shoots great and I carry it a lot when I carry a second gun. As far as looks go, like my older brother used to say, Beauty is as beauty does.

Good out of the box. Most tested firearm in history. G19 G23g27 all butt ugly but shoot great.

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I happen to think that my Glock 22 (the .40 version of the Glock 17) is gorgeous. Then again that could be because my previous gun was a Hi Point model C-9; now that's one butt ugly gun.

tattedupboy , I gotta say your right on the Hi-Point thats butt ugly, I've sold a lot of them , guys like em cause there cheap, but wow ugly

tattedupboy , I gotta say your right on the Hi-Point thats butt ugly, I've sold a lot of them , guys like em cause there cheap, but wow ugly

In my opinion, Hi Point handguns are the absolute ugliest handguns on the face of planet Earth. Their carbines are even uglier. WTF were the designers thinking? If I owned the company that makes Hi Points, I would hire someone to make the weapons better looking.

In my opinion, Hi Point handguns are the absolute ugliest handguns on the face of planet Earth. Their carbines are even uglier. WTF were the designers thinking? If I owned the company that makes Hi Points, I would hire someone to make the weapons better looking.

Why redesign them when they can't keep up with production as is? Hi Point is one of the largest (number of guns produced) gun makers in the country; if I owned Hi Point I'd invest in physical plant to make as many as possible and laugh all the way to the bank. While some criticize the look, many others just buy and use.

BTW, I have owned several of them. The pistols are nothing special, just ugly, heavy, and work well. The carbines are pretty cool and extremely dependable. If you're into pistol caliber rifles you should definitely give them a look.

Why redesign them when they can't keep up with production as is? Hi Point is one of the largest (number of guns produced) gun makers in the country; if I owned Hi Point I'd invest in physical plant to make as many as possible and laugh all the way to the bank. While some criticize the look, many others just buy and use.

BTW, I have owned several of them. The pistols are nothing special, just ugly, heavy, and work well. The carbines are pretty cool and extremely dependable. If you're into pistol caliber rifles you should definitely give them a look.

Everything you say is correct, however, if I have the money, then appearance is definitely a consideration in a carry handgun, and that is one of the reasons I switched to the Glock from the Hi Point (that and the fact that Glocks are much better guns than Hi Points).

Everything you say is correct, however, if I have the money, then appearance is definitely a consideration in a carry handgun, and that is one of the reasons I switched to the Glock from the Hi Point (that and the fact that Glocks are much better guns than Hi Points).

While I agree that I'd not carry a Hi Point pistol, the carbines are still pretty neat little rifles. After all don't you want to be as cool as this guy?
Link Removed

(not a hi point carbine--but similar in appearance and just as ugly) Sorry if his being topless embarrasses y'all.

Last edited:
While I agree that I'd not carry a Hi Point pistol, the carbines are still pretty neat little rifles. After all don't you want to be as cool as this guy?
Link Removed

(not a hi point carbine--but similar in appearance and just as ugly) Sorry if his being topless embarrasses y'all.

What guy? Did you intend to attach a picture and forget to do so?

Congrats on the New Glock. Easy to shoot once you're used to it and there's always plenty of accesories if you're into that.

I've never seen a Hi Point but I googled it and yes, they're ugly. As Sin itself. However $230 for 9mm rifle is pretty cool if you ask me.

Last edited:
The glocks sit on the same shelf as my 1911s, but they but they don't have names .1911s are part of the family.

Congrats on the New Glock. Easy to shoot once you're used to it and there's always plenty of accesories if you're into that.

I've never seen a Hi Point but I googled it and yes, they're ugly. As Sin itself. However $230 for 9mm rifle is pretty cool if you ask me.

That may be, but that still doesn't compensate for their hideous appearance.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back