Google is anti gun

This is in no way BS. read the google policy. This is strictly in regards to the adwords sponsored listings, and has nothing to do with the google organic listings. Weapons - AdWords Help

Weapons
On this page, you can find information about the following:

•the fundamentals of this policy
•examples to clarify the policy
•country specific information
•additional information
•family status information
Fundamentals of the policy
Google AdWords prohibits the promotion of certain weapons such as firearms, firearm components, ammunition, balisongs (switchblades), butterfly knives, and brass knuckles.

This policy applies to the content of your ad and your website. Please note that country specific variations of this policy apply (see below).

Violation of this policy may result in a range of actions, including the following:

•disabling of your domain
•disapproval of ads
•account suspension
•automated suspension upon set-up of new accounts (ban from Google AdWords)
Examples
Examples of prohibited products:

•guns
•ammunition
•gun parts and hardware
•bombs
Examples of restricted products:

•butterfly knives
•disguised knives such as air gauge and belt buckle knives
•throwing stars
•brass knuckles
Examples of acceptable products:

•swords and cane swords
•non-working antique and replica guns
•paint and paintball guns
•stun guns
•airsoft guns
Country specific information

United States

If an ad promotes airsoft guns in the ad text or as a product on the landing page, the landing page must have a disclaimer that guns are required to have the tip (1/4 inch) of the barrel permanently colored in blaze orange.
United States Examples
Examples of products that AdWords prohibits:
guns ammunition gun parts and hardware bombs Examples of restricted products:
butterfly knivesdisguised knives such as air gauge and belt buckle knives throwing stars brass knuckles airsoft guns without a disclaimer that guns are required to have the tip (1/4 inch) of the barrel permanently colored in blaze orange Examples of acceptable products:
swords and cane swords non-working antique and replica guns paint and paintball guns stun guns airsoft guns with a disclaimer that guns are required to have the tip (1/4 inch) of the barrel permanently colored in blaze orange

United Kingdom

Google AdWords prohibits the promotion of stun guns.
United Kingdom Examples
Examples of products that AdWords prohibits:
guns ammunition gun parts and hardware bombs stun guns Examples of restricted products:
butterfly knivesdisguised knives such as air gauge and belt buckle knives throwing stars brass knuckles Examples of acceptable products:
swords and cane swords non-working antique and replica guns paint and paintball guns airsoft guns

Additional information
How can I comply with this policy?
Remove all content that violates this policy from your ad text and website.
How do I resubmit my ad for review?
What are unacceptable, restricted, and acceptable products?
How do I report a violation from another advertiser?

Don't take my word for it, check out the link. You're right there are other adds for prohibited firearm related gear, I brought this up already in my previous posting in this thread.

And stay away from Microsoft's Bing and Yahoo, their terms also prohibit advertising firearms and ammunition.

What's left?

Google has been left wing for quite some time. I would stop using their service except everyone has my gmail address for email.

Well..I just did a Google search for "rifle ammo" and got a ton of responses...including Cabela's, Cheaper than dirt and Gunbroker...

Yeah until I stop getting mass results for searches, shopping included then this is BS. That email you got is probably just a Trojan :)

Well..I just did a Google search for "rifle ammo" and got a ton of responses...including Cabela's, Cheaper than dirt and Gunbroker...
We are specifically discussing sponsored listings, not organic listings. A search for "fifle ammo" brings up absolutely no sponsor listings.

No, it's not a trojan. The policy being discussed here has absolutely nothing to do with what comes up in a search so don't think that finding guns or ammo in a search means that Google isn't anti-gun. The policy applies to their advertising programs, such as AdWords and AdSense. And yes, you will sometimes find sponsored hits with guns and ammo in them. You aren't supposed to though, and if anyone reports them to Google they'll be removed. They have so many customers in their advertising programs that they mostly rely on complaints to enforce their policy restrictions, because it's just too much for them to sift through every single ad themselves.

Ummm...the company I work for sells firearms and gun safes, and we rely heavily on paid advertising through Google. If this is their policy, they sure don't enforce it, or else they've set up an entire false site that shows our ads running at the tops and sides of Google searches.

Oh, now I see what's going on. There are two different branches of Google ads. The no gun policy is part of a sweeping no adult content policy that applies to their free ads that are placed in content areas. The paid advertising is a different thing.

I guess you could interpret it as anti-gun if you like, but I think it's a matter of delineating adult content. When I taught journalism and advised newspapers, we had the same policy. It had nothing to do with politics. We didn't think it was right to advertise anything to kids that they couldn't legally access, including guns, tobacco, alcohol, or R-rated movies.

Google CEO's also made major contributions to this Regime as well as the CEO's of Linkedin. In Bed, sleeping with the enemy.

localgirl, with today's technology and the personal information shared across the internet such as on face book and Google Plus One, it would be easy for a company with the resources of Google to restrict placement of adds rather than remove all adds entirely.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back