Google is anti gun

AlphaKoncepts

I just got this email this morning...

-> Content: At this time, Google policy does not permit the
advertisement of websites that contain firearms and ammunition. This includes, but is not limited to: guns, pistols, rifles, BB guns, ammunition, blank ammunition, and gun parts and hardware such as clips, magazines, stocks, barrels, and grips. As noted in our advertising terms and conditions, Google may refuse any ads or terminate any of your ad campaigns at any time, for any reason.

That's exactly my point. They can choose to refuse my business and WE can choose to support those who support the 2nd ammendment.

Must not want by business, there are other search engines. So long Google. NRA should mention this to their members.

Makes me want to get rid of my android phone and find a new email provider and search engine

Unfortunately I think Apple (with the only other widely used smartphone option) is anti-gun too. So getting rid of an Android phone and not using an IPhone doesn't give many smartphone options.

Unfortunately I think Apple (with the only other widely used smartphone option) is anti-gun too. So getting rid of an Android phone and not using an IPhone doesn't give many smartphone options.
I have a black berry, and am verry happy with it. Palm is also another established viable option, and both have been around longer than the iphone or android.

I don't like the iphone or apple in general but this has nothing to do with their stance on gun laws.

i say if a company is anti gun, gun owners should give their money to their compation that is pro gun. ether change your mind or go out of business.

I have a black berry, and am verry happy with it. Palm is also another established viable option, and both have been around longer than the iphone or android.

I don't like the iphone or apple in general but this has nothing to do with their stance on gun laws.

I like Blackberry and I used to use Palm format. Unfortunately both are dying not growing.

As I recall, Palm just got bought up by HP, and HP does more than refuse advertising of 2A issues, they actively fund anti 2A causes. Them and Hallmark were some of the big players when Missouri was trying to pass their concealed carry. I also remember reading somewhere about RIM (maker of blackberry), but don't hold me to that one... It may be that Google is not allowing the ads not so much for their own cause but because of a lot of corporate web filters actively prevent web pages that come up that have the words gun, firearm, bullets, ammo, etc on them. So, they would have to field complains about search results not displaying and what not, not because of something they are doing, but that someone's web filter is blocking the page. Not saying they are not anti gun or that they are, but it may have more to do with a business decision.

Let Google be anti gun if it wants to. I love Android, and unless Google execs actively work to infringe upon my rights (not allowing gun ads doesn't count; I mean something like a policy of not selling Android phones to anyone known to be a gun owner) then I will continue to use Android.

apparently, google's policy doesn't apply to everyone, for example local.com. Type "firearm sales" into google search and look at the google ads in the right hand column.

Money talks louder than their own policies.

Google Shopping searches for firearms always returns what you're looking for and many, many companies selling guns online.

Example:

Link Removed

What's Microsoft's policy on firearms? People can switch to Bing, Hotmail, and Windows Phone 7 if they want to de-google themselves.

Every time I ever tried to look something up on Google, I got an answer. I use it all the time to look up gun stuff. Me thinks this is B.S.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back