GOOD News?

sambo42xa

USA Carry Supporter
I, like many others are getting stressed watching news after news about Bad things in this world! Ok, maybe not the word stressed, but I know I keep shaking my head and looking up in the air on issues and TRYING to save some $$$$$!!! I worry about my health and as long as I wake up in the morning I know I'm good to go another day. Can anyone out there tell me some GOOD news for once that is happening in this world that the media doesn't share with us? This Topic may not be the greatest but there has to be something out there that can distract us from all this crap??!! :shout:

There does not seem like much good news but I guess from my perspective as a Christian I would have to say that the good news is that God is still on the throne. He is still the King of King and Lord of Lords and nothing that is happening or will happen catches him by surprise.

maybe not good news but a good thing for me is there is enough ice to go fishing, for me there is nothing better for the mind sometimes to just get out in the fresh air away from the tv and radio and get outside. a stress reliever you could say for me.

maybe not good news but a good thing for me is there is enough ice to go fishing, for me there is nothing better for the mind sometimes to just get out in the fresh air away from the tv and radio and get outside. a stress reliever you could say for me.

That is something that looks like fun. I would like to try that sometime. No chance here in Texas but perhaps in a couple years when I retire and can does some traveling I will get a chance.

Ya wanna sum guud neuse? Hav ya chequed da pryc a gass l8ly? Eye tink dat dare eez sum perty dern guud neuse! Mee budjit sur lykes dat, 2! Wheeze eevn tinkin ta taik owt da motrhoam fur a tryp er 2. :lol:

Ya wanna sum guud neuse? Hav ya chequed da pryc a gass l8ly? Eye tink dat dare eez sum perty dern guud neuse! Mee budjit sur lykes dat, 2! Wheeze eevn tinkin ta taik owt da motrhoam fur a tryp er 2. :lol:

SEE, what did I tell ya!!?? They even got to gdcleanfun, She's losing it too! Her speach is WAYYYYYYYY OFF!

I have never liked l33t speak, and this is just more evidence why...

Here's some good news: Unemployment claims last week were down more than anticipated.

___ ddn't hv ny trbl wrtng t thr. Nnthng wrng wth m ys, r yrs k?

"I didn't have any trouble writing it either. Nothing wrong with my eyes, are yours ok?" :lol:

Last edited:
Y'knw, t's bn sd tht mst f s dn't rd th vwls nywy, w jst skm vr thm.

"Y'know, it's been said that most of us don't read the vowels anyway, we just skim over them."

Last edited:
Good news!

I jsut got some good news. For those who are into guns and enjoy passing what you know on, here is your chance. Front Sight just hired 14 new instructors, and are looking for more. Dr. Piazza's Instructor Development Class is producing the best instructors and making sure tat they are all onthe same page. If it didn't involve moving to Nevada, I would consider applying. Instructors, I believe get to take all the classes they offer free of charge, to keep their skills up and make them aware of the difference bewtween the various courses of fire. If you ever wished to teach firearms, here is your golden chance.

Before I go ahead and post, let me know if stories about law abiding citizens defending themselves with deadly force are acceptable. If so, I'll post one or two here.

Before I go ahead and post, let me know if stories about law abiding citizens defending themselves with deadly force are acceptable. If so, I'll post one or two here.

absolutely. more good news. my wife made dinner tonight.:yes4:

From of Arms and the Law

Good news enough or off topic?
msnbc_ban.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MSNBC.com
[/FONT]

2 Men Sought After Customer Saves Clerk From Robber
Ocoee Authorities Investigate Shooting, Search For 2 Men
WESH.com
updated 11:18 a.m. ET, Wed., Jan. 7, 2009

OCOEE, Fla. - A convenience store customer in Ocoee turned the tables on suspected robbers Monday night, and authorities continued to search for two people Tuesday evening.
Authorities said the man grabbed a gun and shot and killed the bottle-wielding bandit.
Related Content:Video | Florida's Gun Laws Explained |Link Removed
The customer, who was only identified as Chris to protect his identity, said he walked into a Kangaroo convenience store on Franklin Street and noticed at least two suspicious men.
The customer said he walked out to his car to get his phone and heard the clerk inside screaming for help. He said he grabbed his gun and went back inside and saw the suspected robber beating a female clerk with a beer bottle.
The customer said he told the assailant he had a gun, but the man turned toward him and the customer fired two shots, killing the suspect.

"I feel very shaken. I feel very glad that I was here, that I could help my friend because I come to this store. I've lived in Ocoee for 20 years, and I'm glad I could be here, and I'm glad I was able to help," the customer said.
The customer was asked whether he had a permit to carry a concealed weapon, and he responded that he did.
Chris said he doesn't consider himself him a hero.
"I saw a lady that was in distress and I came in and took the action that I thought was necessary," he said. "Hearing a lady scream to where it sounds like bloody murder to where I thought she was going to be killed, I decided to help the lady. I've known her for years. She's a friend of mine, and I wanted to go in and help."
Investigators said the one suspect shot was killed, and two other people are sought in the case. Police identified the deceased as Freddie Carson, 40, of Orlando.
Police described the two sought in the case as follows:
A black man about 5 feet 8 inches tall, about 160 to 170 pounds, who is in his late 30s to mid 40s. He was last seen getting into a newer-model red pickup truck as a passenger.A black man about 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 9 inches tall, about 160 pounds, who is in his mid 50s. He has salt-and-pepper hair and a beard and was last seen driving the aforementioned red pickup truck.
Ocoee police said the shooting remained under investigation Tuesday to determine whether the circumstances support criminal charges.
If you have any information regarding this investigation, Ocoee police ask you to contact them by dialing
407-905-3160
, or contact CrimeStoppers by dialing
407-423-TIPS
The clerk was transported to Health Central Hospital with head injuries.
Additional Resource:
Use Of Deadly Force For Lawful Self-Defense
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28518530/

MSN Privacy . Legal
© 2009 MSNBC.com

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member