Good Guy wins again!

Red Hat

http://www.ksl.com/index.php/?nid=148&sid=2864560

Man shoots intruder

March 15th, 2008 @ 6:02pm

(KSL News) Police are commending a man who shot another man who broke into his apartment. It happened near 3800 South 700 West.

The first sentence says it all. A few years ago it would have said , "Man arrested in home shooting." Times are changing!

Another story on this incident. Link Removed

This has been discussed on a Utah gun forum and was agreed he did well, but could have done a couple of things better like shooting the guy before his girlfriend was attacked as just having broken into the house is reason enough to stop the threat, shooting him more than once so we don't have to pay for his medical bills and trial, and I'd like to know the ammo he was using since it went through the bad guy and then through the wall of his apartment and the bad guy was able to carry on a conversation, bust through glass and run across the street before collapsing. Could definitely have turned out worse had he not been prepared or had his gun locked up with the ammo locked somewhere else . . .

Those news reports were quite different from each other. In any case, I'm glad the couple is ok. I hope criminals watch the news, maybe they will be discouraged from home burglarys when they see stories like this one.

quote "What Larson didn't know was that the man carried a concealed weapons permit and had a gun."
Maybe all of us CCW/CHL holders should have a plaque posted out side of our residence stating to all the BG's out there, something to the fact, "Owner Has Gun and Knows How to Use it."

...he says tounge-in-cheek.

Another story on this incident. Link Removed

This has been discussed on a Utah gun forum and was agreed he did well, but could have done a couple of things better like shooting the guy before his girlfriend was attacked as just having broken into the house is reason enough to stop the threat, shooting him more than once so we don't have to pay for his medical bills and trial, and I'd like to know the ammo he was using since it went through the bad guy and then through the wall of his apartment and the bad guy was able to carry on a conversation, bust through glass and run across the street before collapsing. Could definitely have turned out worse had he not been prepared or had his gun locked up with the ammo locked somewhere else . . .

Too bad the paper said (HE COULD FACE CHARGES).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back