Good gun belt for women?

packinmama

I don't usually wear belts, but now that I am carrying and find that an IWB holster will probably be my best option for most of my attire (t-shirts and jeans :p), I need a good, sturdy belt. I am not a "fashionista" by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm not looking for "cute" necessarily, but it would be nice to find a belt that doesn't look like I'm wearing one of my husband's belts.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I don't usually wear belts, but now that I am carrying and find that an IWB holster will probably be my best option for most of my attire (t-shirts and jeans :p), I need a good, sturdy belt. I am not a "fashionista" by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm not looking for "cute" necessarily, but it would be nice to find a belt that doesn't look like I'm wearing one of my husband's belts.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

UBG holsters makes out standing belts, for 65 dollars(65 dollar price if for a single stitch,double stitch is 75), they come in brown,Mahogany and black(Plus you can get them in exotic skin, if he has enough of the skin left.) My wife uses his belts for EDC use and for carrying. Another great choice is the 5.11 tactical operator belt with nylon insert. I have been using it for years now with no problems. Both belts are outstanding value for the price.

Galco makes contour belts which are already curved to fit. I am afraid that you will be faced with a basic belt because gun belts are made from two layers of leather, sometimes with a reinforcement layer in between, The layers are stitched together cross grain to make them rigid to support your holster and gun.

There are a number of manufacturers who make gun belts and just google gun belts and see where it leads you. You might find one who makes a more feminine belt.

You definitely want to use a gun belt or you will not like the way the gun rides on your hip, either IWB or OWB.

CompTac makes an awesome contour belt - comfortable & sturdy (I even wear it when not carrying). They'll even contour it the other way (I feed mine from the right, so most men's contour belts are upside down for me). The "taper" option makes it smaller in front, only by a quarter inch but every bit helps. It still looks a little more masculine than I'd prefer, but I think that's the only way to get it sturdy enough to hold up a holster.

THanks so much for the great replies! I see that these belts come in 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" widths. Before I order one online, would you all be able to tell me if one width is better than another for a women's jean belt loop? I would probably like to get a 1 1/2", but I don't want to get it if it would be too wide for most belt loops on women's jeans.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks again!

You must also consider the size of the attachment method of your holster. Some have slots that fit any belt, some IWB's have clips that work better on the size belt they are made for. I wear a OWB holster that has a snap setup that circles the belt and snaps. It will only work on one size belt.

It gets complicated, doesn't it?

A gun/holster with it's weight bearing down on the upper portion of the belt will not care whether the belt is around the waist of a man or a woman and thus the requirements for a gun belt for either are identical. However, you could have the leather color treated or otherwise decorated with feminine touches of some sort.

THanks so much for the great replies! I see that these belts come in 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" widths. Before I order one online, would you all be able to tell me if one width is better than another for a women's jean belt loop? I would probably like to get a 1 1/2", but I don't want to get it if it would be too wide for most belt loops on women's jeans.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks again!

I have a 1.5" and haven't had any jeans that it doesn't go through. Even khakis have been fine, though I haven't tried on dressier slacks. Whatever you get, make sure your holster's clips/loops are the same size - some have a choice when you order.

You must also consider the size of the attachment method of your holster. Some have slots that fit any belt, some IWB's have clips that work better on the size belt they are made for. I wear a OWB holster that has a snap setup that circles the belt and snaps. It will only work on one size belt.

It gets complicated, doesn't it?

But that is an easy fix, you order new snaps to fit the belt. My 5.11 tactical operator belt is 1 3/4" Wide, my first holster from UBG came with loop snaps set for 1 1/2 and as such it would not snap closed. I contacted Nate and he made up some new loops and mailed them right out to me(got them in about 5 days.)

My wife has used my 5.11 belt a few times and it fits just fine in her belt loops(again belt is 1 3/4" Wide.)

I have a 1.5" and haven't had any jeans that it doesn't go through. Even khakis have been fine, though I haven't tried on dressier slacks. Whatever you get, make sure your holster's clips/loops are the same size - some have a choice when you order.

The slots can be modified with little to no effort with a sanding wheel, take some leather dye or polish and touch it up. I had to do that with one of my holsters to get it to fit.

Blade-Tech has nice system called ASR that allows you to adjust your holster or pouch to fit any size belt.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back