Good Concealed Weappn for Big Hands

sig all the way

I have large hands as well... if you want a gun that will fire perfect every time check out the sig sauer. I have a p239 and a p229. The p229 is a double stack so its a little thicker. Both conceal well for me. Only down side is they are a little pricy but trust me worth every penny!

Is there a huge difference in recoil, and which one is preferred for EDC,
I have both, the 27 being a 40 will have more snap or recoil, but nothing bad, the 19 being a 9mm and a bit larger gun will have less recoil, and be easyer to shoot, my wife don't like the 27 but I carry it quite often, with just the two choices you mention, for EDC I would have to pick the 19

Try a Ruger .45 or a Sig .45. My husband has large hands and he has one of each. You can easily add hogue grips for fit. Hubby put a pair on his G19 and he really likes the way it fits now. Some handguns come with interchangeable palm swells for customization.

Generally speaking single stack auto-loaders are easier to conceal than wheel guns of the same caliber. And 1911 slides are usually narrower than other auto loader slides. But the grip is the biggest challenge...both the length and the width. If you are comfortable a slim grip 1911 you might check out slim grip commander. Also, budget permitting, the Nighthawk Custom T3 has a commander-length barrel on a compact frame. But the frame has a slick little magwell that provides a little more grip area for the palm of your hand.

T3 The Ultimate Concealed Carry Pistol 1911

My hands are large, but not as some as the others I have read here. I must use xtra large work gloves and the fit tight. I carry the Ruger SR9 and it feels like part of my hand.

I have fairly large hands but a regular 1911 fits well. For someone who needs bigger, go with a curved MS housing. It can make a difference. Or you can go with a double stacked .45.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back