Good cheap target ammo

clay5769

Hi all whats a good cheap target ammo for hand guns in general ?
I need .38 .357 .40 .45 9MM .380 just something for cutting paper..

Thanks
Clayton

Thanks
Clayton
.36 cal cap and ball. that is the cheapest. Next cheapest is roll your own. Master cast in PA is good, but to get the best deal, you must buy in quantity, and probably ship them your used brass. Nothing out there retail, or on line is cheap no more. The religious conservatives are hoarding it all. Did I just say that?:pleasantry:

Thanks
Clayton

Anything by a good manufacturer that is about $25/50. Right now anything less expensive is too cheap for me to trust, on general principle.

Iceman is right about handloading. That is the least expensive way to go. You can get a rig, press, dies, scale, measure, etc. for from $150.00 for a Lee single station to a lot for the progressives. To figure what you need add up what you use now then multiply by what you want to shoot and determine which rig, single station, turret, or progressive will suit your wants. I use an RCBS Pro-2000 and am very happy with it. I especially like the safety of the APS priming system. I load all you mention except .380 but add several others. I like electronic scales after using balance beam for 30+ years.

Ammo Choices

I target practice with the major brands, although not their "personal defense" loads. However, I do shoot a few PD loads to make sure they feed well, etc.

Basically, I buy Remington or Winchester "white or green" box practice ammo. For personal defense, I prefer Hornady Critical Defense. Also have some Winchester "Ranger" ammo.

For PD, price is not an issue...your life depends on it.

What's important to me is "consistency" and reliability of BANG.

JMO

I thought about getting into the handloading deal, but we don't shoot as much as we were and the biggest thing is i would have to have 5 sets of dies, and that don't count the 22 or the shotgun, so for as little we shoot 200 - 300 rds a month and thats really a mix of all the handguns, we just keep a eye on the ammo shelf at wally world

I thought about getting into the handloading deal, but we don't shoot as much as we were and the biggest thing is i would have to have 5 sets of dies, and that don't count the 22 or the shotgun, so for as little we shoot 200 - 300 rds a month and thats really a mix of all the handguns, we just keep a eye on the ammo shelf at wally world

See I was thinking of getting into reloading but I do not shoot that much to justify the expense
So I just buy when and as I need it. I picked up a few new gun (8) and I have not shot them yet so I went and ordered some target ammo and some PD ammo so I should be OK for quite some time plus I have some older ammo I want to fire up when I go the range (hopefully next week) ..:to_pick_ones_nose:

Cheap Target Ammo

I try and visit three local WalMarts weekly as the WWB, Winchester White Box prices for 9 and 40 can't be beat. Online I use Luckygunner.com. The have many of the calibers in stock but I try wait for MBI reloads.

Dick

I live in Vegas I buy federal 9mm for $9.97 / 50 and winchester 45acp $31.97 /100 cheapest I've found I get it all at Walmart

I use Walmart Win white box in .40 and .45 (all FMJ) for the range since its pretty much the cheapest and available everyday. Walmarts generally carry only white box or Federal down here but did find Win PDX in .45 (20 rd), which I picked up for about the same price as online.
For my PD I have Winchester Ranger RA40TA (Talon) - .40S&W 165grn SXT from Tactical Defense Solutions. The price was $28/50 and shipped on time.

Thanks
Clayton

Well for me, i find my .40cal at walmart FMJ federal 13.97 a box of 50..also they have a good winchester too a little more at 16.97 per 50ct box and when they have it..45acp in federal fmj 15.97 a box..(mchigan Pricing)

:biggrin:

.38 and .380 kinda hard to find.. well at least for me and .380.. :wacko:

Georgia Arms

If you can't find what you need at your local retailers, give Georgia Arms a try. I buy my .45 GAP practice ammo from them.

Link Removed

Drop by Walmart every few days. Sooner or later you should hit some white box Winchester (100 rounds). 9mm is about $23 here in SC. Can't remember what .380 were, but I bought several boxes. They just lifted their box limit here in SC, maybe everywhere.

Seriously, I have not found anything online that comes close to Walmart if you can find ammo there.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back