Good bye "Global Warming"

brickler

My father in-law sent me this, I thought I would share. It is a video report from the founder of the Weather Channel talking about "Global Warming". I thought some here might enjoy it and want to share it.

Link Removed

Tell Al Gore to come to Florida tonight. He won't even need a jacket. It will be a balmy 35 degrees.. only to get better over the weekend.

Tell Al Gore to come to Florida tonight. He won't even need a jacket. It will be a balmy 35 degrees.. only to get better over the weekend.

I just love Florida oranges, I hate to see what this week is going to do to the price. :fie:

You can send a message to Gore, He can now take a vacation, what ever he did, it worked. No more global warming.
Retire now Al Gore.

Yep I was up Friday night late and around 3am I heard it start raining. I went outside and it was actually Sleet. :fie: :fie: :fie:

Icy rain in Clearwater Florida....... Global warming at it's best.

I was replaceing busted pipes this morning that all this global warming caused when they froze. Where the hell was Al and his awareness campaign when I was cleaning up a ton of water all over my kitchen floor?
:to_pick_ones_nose:

I believe in Conservation, Not Global Warming

The fact that the climate is changing is a fact, although to what extent is
up for debate. Also up for debate is whether climate change is actually
manmade and whether we actually have anything to do with it at all.

I recycle. I use 'green' products.
I conserve gas, water, and electricity.
I believe we do need to develop Alternative Energy.
I have solar lights and plan to add other solar implements to my house as it
is affordable.
I use no chemicals in the garden or on crops and am trying to farm chemical
free.
(dewormers are a problem)
I grow as much of my own food as I can.
I have added shelter, food, and water for the wild critters who inhabit my
property.
I provide hiding places for amphibians and reptiles, including snakes.
I heat with wood (a renewable resource), and try to use only dead, diseased,
or fallen trees.
I cut timber, replant and promote re-growth.
I hunt, only take what I will use, and have enough respect for the animal to
make only quick clean kills.
Conservation is the Wise Use of Natural Resources.
Preservation is the Un-Wise Use.

I do these things because they make sense, they are good for the
environment and because I abhor waste, and because they are the right thing
to do,
NOT because I believe in global warming.

I do believe that a lot of people want to make money off global warming and
want to use the threat of global warming to redistribute wealth worldwide.

I also believe God Provides, it is up to us not to waste it.

Wait a minute. Green house gases are now causing global cooling.:fie:

30 Years of Global Cooling Are Coming, Leading Scientist Says

FOXNews.com

From Miami to Maine, Savannah to Seattle, America is caught in an icy grip that one of the U.N.'s top global warming proponents says could mark the beginning of a mini ice age.

Link Removed

NASA Earth Observatory

December temperatures compared to average December temps recorded between 2000 and 2008. Blue points to colder than average land surface temperatures, while red indicates warmer temperatures.

From Miami to Maine, Savannah to Seattle, America is caught in an icy grip that one of the U.N.'s top global warming proponents says could mark the beginning of a mini ice age.

Oranges are freezing and millions of tropical fish are dying in Florida, and it could be just the beginning of a decades-long deep freeze, says Professor Mojib Latif, one of the world's leading climate modelers.

Latif thinks the cold snap Americans have been suffering through is only the beginning. He says we're in for 30 years of cooler temperatures -- a mini ice age, he calls it, basing his theory on an analysis of natural cycles in water temperatures in the world's oceans.

Latif, a professor at the Leibniz Institute at Germany's Kiel University and an author of the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report, believes the lengthy cold weather is merely a pause -- a 30-years-long blip -- in the larger cycle of global warming, which postulates that temperatures will rise rapidly over the coming years.

At a U.N. conference in September, Latif said that changes in ocean currents known as the North Atlantic Oscillation could dominate over manmade global warming for the next few decades. Latif said the fluctuations in these currents could also be responsible for much of the rise in global temperatures seen over the past 30 years.

Latif is a key member of the UN's climate research arm, which has long promoted the concept of global warming. He told the Daily Mail that "a significant share of the warming we saw from 1980 to 2000 and at earlier periods in the 20th Century was due to these cycles -- perhaps as much as 50 percent."

The U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSICD) agrees that the cold temperatures are unusual, and that the world's oceans may play a part in temperatures on land.

"Has ocean variability contributed to variations in surface temperature? Absolutely, no one's denying that," said Mark Serreze, senior research scientist with NSIDC. But the Center disagrees with Latif's conclusions, instead arguing that the cold snap is still another sign of global warming.

"We are indeed starting to see the effects of the rise in greenhouse gases," he said.

Many parts of the world have been suffering through record-setting snowfalls and arctic temperatures. The Midwest saw wind chills as low as 49 degrees below zero last week, while Europe saw snows so heavy that Eurostar train service and air travel were canceled across much of the continent. In Asia, Beijing was hit by its heaviest snowfall in 60 years.

And as for the cold weather?

"This is just the roll of the dice, the natural variability inherent to the system," explained Serreze.

Editor's note: An earlier version of this article erroneously reported that the NSIDC reports concluded that the warming of the Earth since 1900 is due to natural oceanic cy

Very well stated Debray. We are charged by God to be good stewards of the creation he has provided us. I do not beleive mankind has the power to destroy His creation. We can surely make a mess of it,but destroy it,no.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back