Good belt for carry

GT500Shlby

Armed Fireman
I wear a belt every day. Usually I try to find a sturdy black leather belt with a non-descript, non-flashy generic metal buckle. Problem is, I carry my Glock 27 in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB, a digital pager (Fire Dept), an 800Mhz digital radio (FD also), A blackberry & a personal cellphone. In short, I have a LOT of cr*p on my belt!

And they break and warp and fall apart within 6 months.

Does anyone know of a decent belt I can buy on-line that's not flashy, not too wide that will last? Nylon would be fine, possibly with a black-painted steel buckle.

Thanks,
Mike

:biggrin:Try 5.11 tactical they are nondescript and have a plastic stiffener inside. Follow their site advice on size. Price ain't is in line with any quality dress belt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike...
I, too, used to carry all that stuff.. I found that plain jane black or brown Carhartt belts wore very well. BUT, I added a pair of 2" wide, again, plain black, Carhartt Suspenders to the mix. I may have a plain black vest or work coat over every thing. Aint stylen but works..

Kydex Reinforced Contour Belts

I have used one of these for about 2 years and it's still working great. Takes a heavy load with no stretching or twisting. I got the straight one, no taper.
It's been quit awhile but I believe if you call them you can ask for the color buckle you want.
Also to match my Comp-tac holsters with velcro hooks i got the Velcro lining option.

Link Removed

Wow. Thanks for all the quick replies! I went the cheap route and got the 1.5" TDU belt from 5.11 for $17 shipped. Although, I did like those Comp-Tac's. I may need to get one of those as a dress belt. But I got a shoulder holster for when I wear a suit. :biggrin:

I'm not big on fashion. I'm not required to wear a BDU at work, so I just wear a job shirt & jeans and that usually extends off-duty as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the Liger belts at Maxpedition's website for dressier (business casual) belts. I use an Uncle Mike's nylon Instructor belt for my jeans.

If you live in a more rural area you can try what I did in college in Athens, GA: I went into a saddlery and asked if they could make a belt to match my holster. They referred me to a local saddlemaker who turned out a thick sonfoa* belt for me to nearly exactly match my galco brown holster. Best part was I chose the hardware, the tooling, the entire design. All for $20. I still use the belt today, 13yrs later. And the quality is outstanding - you could probably tow a 1500 w.this!

If you live in a more rural area you can try what I did in college in Athens, GA: I went into a saddlery and asked if they could make a belt to match my holster. They referred me to a local saddlemaker who turned out a thick sonfoa* belt for me to nearly exactly match my galco brown holster. Best part was I chose the hardware, the tooling, the entire design. All for $20. I still use the belt today, 13yrs later. And the quality is outstanding - you could probably tow a 1500 w.this!

:eek:fftopic: Do 1500s often need to be towed?

Wenger

I found a Wenger Swiss Army reversible belt on sale at Marshall's for $25. It is actually very stiff and sturdy. Black nylon on one side and brown leather on the other bonded with some sort of stiffener. It makes an excellent carry/dress belt on the cheap.

I've done a lot of reading on multiple forums and decided on this one.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

I ordered the one made of Bull Hide (Denser than cow hide). They are made one by one and there is a 30 day turn around.

I was torn between the Beltman and Milt Sparks which is a dressier version but just as sturdy: http://www.miltsparks.com/

AL

Last edited:
I carry my Glock 23 in my summer comfort IWB holster a spare mag, flashlight and Gerber multitool on my Belt from the beltman. I got the one with the kydex stiffner in it and it doesn't bend at all. I haven't found a holster for my blackberry where the clip will fit over the belt.( it's alittle thicker than my other belts) So that is in my pocket. I'm considdering making a holster for the Blackberry out ov kydex so I can keep in on the belt also.

I've had my Harley Davidson belt for 17 years and I could tow my truck with it. The wife keeps buying me those cheap leather laminated cardboard things from China that Wallmart sells and, well, ya get what ya pay for. Go to a Harley dealer and get the real thing.

I use an "Instructor" belt from The Wilderness. I love it.
Link Removed

That's what I was going to suggest. GMTA. :biggrin:

Another option, if one prefers leather, is Bruce Gibson or The Belt Man. Both make great leather belts. I wear a Gibson Belt under my Duty Belt on duty, and it's great. What can I say, I'm "old school" and like leather.

Biker

Contact Cabela's Outfitters and ask for their 2009 Shooters catalog. They have a variety of belts designed for carrying the weight of a firearm. I agree with the statement, you get what you pay for. I would no more try to put my XD-45 on a WalMart belt as I would try to walk to Hawaii.

<a href="http://www.beltsok.com/hermes-belt.html"><b>Hermes belt</b></a> store offers high quality and cheap designer belts, please have a look.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back