Going to Nashville In July

abock33

I think that the wife and I will be taking a motorcycle trip to Nashville for the 4th of July. What are the rules about Resturantes and anything else I might need to know.

I think that the wife and I will be taking a motorcycle trip to Nashville for the 4th of July. What are the rules about Resturantes and anything else I might need to know.

I am currently looking for all of the links.... I will post as soon as I locate them all.... there have been several bills discuseed in the last few weeks here - so I want you to have all the update info.....

Link Removed

This was voted on this week

deleting all language following the enacting clause and substituting instead the following:
SECTION 1. Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 39-17-1305(c), is amended by adding the following language as a new, appropriately designated subdivision:

(3)
(A) Authorized to carry a firearm under § 39-17-1351 who is not consuming beer, wine or any alcoholic beverage, and is within the confines of a restaurant that is open to the public and serves alcoholic beverages, wine or beer.

(B) As used in this subdivision (c)(3), “restaurant” means any public place kept, used, maintained, advertised and held out to the public as a place where meals are served and where meals are actually and regularly served, such place being provided with adequate and sanitary kitchen and dining room equipment, having employed therein a sufficient number and kind of employees to prepare, cook and serve suitable food for its guests. At least one (1) meal per day shall be served at least five (5) days a week, with the exception of holidays, vacations and periods of redecorating, and the serving of such meals shall be the principal business conducted.

SECTION 2. This act shall take effect on June 1, 2009, the public welfare requiring it.

Handgun Carry Permit T.C.A. Codes

This was voted on this week

deleting all language following the enacting clause and substituting instead the following:
SECTION 1. Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 39-17-1305(c), is amended by adding the following language as a new, appropriately designated subdivision:

(3)
(A) Authorized to carry a firearm under § 39-17-1351 who is not consuming beer, wine or any alcoholic beverage, and is within the confines of a restaurant that is open to the public and serves alcoholic beverages, wine or beer.

(B) As used in this subdivision (c)(3), “restaurant” means any public place kept, used, maintained, advertised and held out to the public as a place where meals are served and where meals are actually and regularly served, such place being provided with adequate and sanitary kitchen and dining room equipment, having employed therein a sufficient number and kind of employees to prepare, cook and serve suitable food for its guests. At least one (1) meal per day shall be served at least five (5) days a week, with the exception of holidays, vacations and periods of redecorating, and the serving of such meals shall be the principal business conducted.

SECTION 2. This act shall take effect on June 1, 2009, the public welfare requiring it.

There are basically 5 places that are off limits by TN law for those with a HCP to carry.

Inside any place that serves alcohol for onsite consumption. (39-17-1305)
In any room where a judicial proceeding is taking place. (39-17-1306)
Schools. (39-17-1309 and 39-17-1310)
Public Parks and recreational property. (39-17-1311)
Any place with a properly posted sign per 39-17-1359
The law about carry where alcohol is served could change on July 1st.

A bill that would allow carry in places that serve alcohol has passed in the House, but with restrictions of no carry between 11:00pm - 5:00am in those places or any place that is age restricted. The Senate version of the same bill is scheduled to be voted on tomorrow, but that version has removed those restrictions. So not sure what the final version will be.

But whatever passes, if it does, will go into effect July 1st

They're hashing out the differences between the House and the Senate versions of the restaurant carry bill. The Senate's version had no "curfew" restrictions, wheras the version that the House passed did. Hopefully, it won't flounder in committee and will be signed by the governor.

FYI, TN is a "Handgun Carry" state. You have no obligation to conceal. There is also no law enforcement notification required, either.

Sitting in Tennessee - with my fingers crossed... that I will be able to carry while eating my dinner..... and not have to worry about myself or family members getting to the car safely....

great. Thanks for the quick responses. Hope that the resturant carry passes. I'll check back before we leave to make sure its final.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back