Going to Chicago for the weekend

JohnLM

I will going to Chicago this weekend. I have a Michigan CCW. I know Ill. is a No Carry state. I don't want to be in Chicago completely naked because although Ill is a no carry state, in Chicago people are being shot every day! My question can I travel to Ill with my weapon locked in my trunk. I would feel better knowing that it is there. May I have some input PLEASE!!!!!

If you are going to Chicago for the weekend, my strong advice is DON'T! Seriously...as I had said previously in one of my posts, passing by Killinois you have to have your gun and your mag separate and not within reach. Since you are staying for the weekend, I hope you can get away travelling with your gun and keeping it inside the residence of where you are staying in. Killinois is a very sensitive area...I would rather my Killinois friends visits us instead that us going over there...

I'm sorry...I am of no help, but I responded anyway...

I will going to Chicago this weekend. I have a Michigan CCW. I know Ill. is a No Carry state. I don't want to be in Chicago completely naked because although Ill is a no carry state, in Chicago people are being shot every day! My question can I travel to Ill with my weapon locked in my trunk. I would feel better knowing that it is there. May I have some input PLEASE!!!!!

Chicago??

Here's my advice...

a) If possible, DON'T GO!
b) If you must go, then kiss your 2nd Amendment Rights 'Goodbye'.

~Good Luck & Stay Safe~

Your firearm needs to be unloaded and locked in a case out of reach.(trunk) I believe your ammo needs to be separated from your firearm and magazines empty. Pain in the butt and almost not worth the hassle.

The way I look at it don't get into trouble then the only way anyone knows u have it is because u needed it. Then ur alive to deal with consequences. My input sorry no help but me personally would not b anywhere I couldn't carry my pistol.

Avoid Chicago if you can, but if you can't, LEAVE THE GUN AT HOME! The police there will make your life miserable even for having an unloaded, inaccessible gun in your trunk. Trust me, it's not worth the trouble. Just leave it at home.

We just drive through Killinois and had the handguns looked in one case and the ammo in another zippered shut case, each in the back of the SUV on opposite sides. You need to read the appropriate US and Killinois laws regarding transportation and overnight visits to the state and city, as each have their own laws. I would recommend Do Not bring it with you, or stay home. If needed, carry a good tactical knife with you.

... If needed, carry a good tactical knife with you.

Read Ilinois knife laws. That tactical knife is just as illegal as the gun. You are also in danger from the Police in Chicago, because honest citizens are the only ones they can catch and don't shoot back.

Chicago is 10 times worse than the State on gun laws. In the state you can have your magazine loaded if its in a separate zipper case from the gun. They don't have 2B locked. But both in a separate case State laws are different read the city laws & just don't go. You can't defend yourself & the BG know this if you look like a tourist just the way you are looking at things can get you mugged.

My understanding of The McClure-Volkmer Act - also known as the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA), is that you can transport a gun locked in a case in your trunk if it is legal both at the beginning point of your journey and at your destination. It's supposed to protect you at all points along your journey. If you were driving through IlliNazi on your way to a state where the gun is legal, then theoretically you're OK. (Naturally, cops and prosecutors in many gun-hating jurisdictions often ignore the law; if you have to spend a year and the cost of your home to be exonerated after being charged, they feel that's progress.) But if your destination is Chicago, IlliNazi, then the gun is illegal there and you are NOT legal transporting it, because you are transporting it to a place where it's not allowed.

response I got from IL sheriff

This is a response I got from a sheriff in IL:

"Typically, if it’s in a case, unloaded, and inaccessible to you in the vehicle you should be in good shape. I’ve attached a link to the State Police website with a more detailed description of the law:
http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/transgun0-000.pdf
Let us know if we can do anything else for you,
Lt. Alan Swinford
Kankakee County Sheriff’s Department
"

Crowsnake, all the hype about muggings and murders are true, but confined to a relatively small small geographical area of the city. If you are coming in via the Dan Ryan Expressway, make sure you don't need any services until you get into the downtown area. Don't stop for gas, food , or toilets. Once you pass through downtown and get to the north side, things are pretty safe. There are around 3 million residents of the city and most all go through their daily lives without incident. The shootings and murders are almost exclusively contained within the southeast and near west parts of the city. I was born and raised in the city and have no apprehension about conducting my life there. I currently live in a northwest suburb, but two of my adult children and a grandchild live in Chicago. My wife and I spend quite a bit of time in the city on the near north side and the far southwest side without incident. That said, I would feel better if my Utah CCW were honored in Illinois. I transport my handgun regularly in Illinois unloaded and in a case behind the front seat of my van. I keep filled magazines in the same case. This is legal carry in the state. Don't make it obvious. The police in the city are just like any other work force group, some are aggressive, some are up tight, some are picky, some are lazy, but most do their job and just want to get home to their family safely when their shift ends. Post if you have any questions.

I would suggest packing a first aid kit and a bulletproof vest. DO NOT PACK YOUR FIREARM!

If you do pack your firearm and have to use it, it would be best to claim that you were mugging the mugger. Quickly produce pictures of yourself as an 11 year old boy and claim that you have been "oppressed by the man". Finally, claim that the mugger was in fact a vigilante and if he had just given you his wallet, you wouldn't have had to kill him. Rahm and the boys will go much easier on you. If it's your first gangland murder, you will probably get a suspended sentence.

If you don't pack your firearm, the best tactics to use while in Chicago and being attacked are to go limp, cry and wet yourself. Tell you wife and daughters to relax, close their eyes and "go to their happy place" during the rape.

Now, exactly why do you have to go to that hell hole?

You people have no idea what you're talking about. Chicago is the safest city in the world as a result of their gun ban. It is physically impossible for a law-abiding citizen to get shot. No guns = no gun crimes. And since they outlawed murder of any sort as well as robbery, rape, and assault......you don't have to worry about those either.

Right................???

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back