Glock Problems

Deserteagle

I have a Gen 3 Glock 22 with around 1500 rounds through it. With certain magazines, the gun fails to feed with about 3-4 rounds out of 15. When I say certain magazines, I mean a couple magazines I can count on to have FTFs very often, whereas some magazines I will NEVER have a FTF.

By failure to feed, I specifically mean that after I fire the gun, the casing ejects normally, and the next round gets stuck and jams my slide halfway open as the round sits halfway up the feed ramp, with the nose of the bullet almost all the way in the chamber.

All magazines are factory new Glock 15 round standard mags with updated followers, good springs, and no way to tell them apart between the ones that jam and ones that dont.

People have told me it's limp wristing, but I can assure you it is not that. I have the tightest grip ever, high on the back strap. With my good mags, I can even shoot one handed and not have a FTF versus having 2 hands and a tight grip and locked wrists on the bad mags and always having a FTF. Even had a friend shoot and he had the same problem. Another reason I know its not limp wristing... my other glock never jams.

This seems to happen with all of my target ammo- both Remington UMC 180 grain FMJ, and Winchester White Box.

Really not quite sure what to do. With mags being so expensive, I cant afford to buy tons of them and only have about a 50% functioning rate. I could sell the gun and buy a different one but I lose money doing that.

Any ideas?

"With certain magazines, the gun fails to feed with about 3-4 rounds out of 15. When I say certain magazines, I mean a couple magazines I can count on to have FTFs very often, whereas some magazines I will NEVER have a FTF. "

This could be caused by the magazine itself. The older generations of Glock mags do not have a metal reinforcement in the mag catch. I have included a picture. The mag on the left has the metal in it and the mag on the right does not. They are reversed because in the gen 3 and 4 Glocks the mag catches on both sides of the mag, whereas the older generations 1 and 2 only had the catch on one side. Over time the catch on the mag polymer can wear out causing it to not seat well. If the Mag is not worn on the catch it could be the catch on the gun itself. Because you say its only with some mags I'd put my money there. A friend of mine has the same issue with his 27 and sure enough its the mag when we examined it. Link Removed

I would take the mags apart and make sure they are clean and nothing is gumming up the works. I have had that problem but only with aftermarket non-glock mags. They were the high capacity flavor supposed to hold 27 .40 rounds but you could not load more than 11 because the rounds would become stuck in the mag and would not feed properly. Maybe you have a counterfeit mag.

Don't polish your feed ramp..You know its the magazines so send 'em back and if you can't throw 'em away,they don't work anyway.Grab a few KCI mags mine all work even tho for 10 bucks I expected them to fail they work great.
KCI Korea Glock Magazines

Took apart all my mags and compared each piece side by side to find no differences. The only thing I did notice is that 2 of my good mags have number 8 followers, the others have number 9 followers. Still couldnt even tell a difference between the 8s and the 9s

Sounds to me like it could be weak springs in the mags. Try one of the springs from the mags that are reliable in those that are not. If they then work,replace the springs. Springs are inexpensive. If they still don't work,call Glock and ask about replacements.

Sounds to me like it could be weak springs in the mags. Try one of the springs from the mags that are reliable in those that are not. If they then work,replace the springs. Springs are inexpensive. If they still don't work,call Glock and ask about replacements.

Outside of an issue with the followers, I think that this is the most probable cause. Had a magazine give me fits a couple of years ago- replacement springs solved the problem.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back