Glock 43

I own and carry one, in pocket (in DeSantis Superfly to minimize printing, it's my "go to" primary draw (with an ankle backup G26 and two mags spare mags) but the 43 in the pocket is great for me.... I absolutely love the gun, but you'll get a few negs... some find the trigger "stings" after a while if you put several downrange, and they replace the "serrated" trigger with one more comfortable for them but it doesn't bother me at all and I've become very very accurate with it...
Only (minor) negative for me = capacity... 6+1 seems/feels like it could've been 8+1 with a little more engineering/ingenuity etc, but I carry a spare mag for it.. and I've bought several spare mags cuz I prefer to pre-load at home, hit the range and blast away, plus daughter usually with me and quality time takes a hit if you have to stop and reload frequently (though it also teaches her to reload faster if we do).. but otherwise I love it.
Best advice? Try it out, frequently, spend lots of time with it and see what you think.

If you're fine spending the extra $150 for the fact that it's a Glock, go for it! They're good reliable guns, as most all Glocks are. Can't really go wrong.

G43 is Fine With Me!

Wow, what a wide open question.

I own, and have carried, the G43 and I find it to be a pistol that you can rely on. While some might question the 6+1 capacity lest we forget that shootist of old carried 5-shot revolvers. Its not the round count, it is what you can do with them. Some folks say that it would make a good back-up pistol. While that may be so, it can also serve as an EDC where carrying a larger pistol would not be feasible. When I carried it for a bit, it was housed in a SHTF Gear IWB holster on my right hip where I normally carry. Two spare magazines were in a modified Remora just in front of my right hip - where I prefer to carry spare magazines.

With some minor trimming, a Hogue small grip sleeve adds a bit girth to the grip while enhancing recoil management.

The G43 is a fine little machine and you can read my full review on it here: Glock G43 – No Longer Wishful Thinking! | Gun Toters

Note that my EDC is a Full-size 1911, I own other Glock pistols, but would consider the G43 as an EDC if need be. Glock did a good job with the G43.

Normally, I pocket carry a Rugar LC9, but like my Glock 23 so much that I finally bought the G43 to replace my LC9. I haven't started carrying the G43, yet, as I want to run some more rounds through it before I do. I really do like the feel of the G43 though.

I bought one a few weeks ago. My first Glock 9mm. all my others are .40 and 10mm. It has become my EDC before which was a G27. I like the size and it's more comfortable to carry. On long road trips I still take the G29.

Nope. I didn't like the trigger, much heavier than a 19 or 26. Glock makes a quality product which costs about $150 more than a similar size gun. I didn't care for it. I wanted to like it because I happen to think the Glock design is pure genius. I love my 19 but have zero interest in the 43. YMMV

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Normally, I pocket carry a Rugar LC9, but like my Glock 23 so much that I finally bought the G43 to replace my LC9. I haven't started carrying the G43, yet, as I want to run some more rounds through it before I do. I really do like the feel of the G43 though.

Wow....sounds VERY familiar. I initially carried a Ruger LC9s....home defense is a Glock 23....fell in LOVE with Glock 43 which has become my only carry weapon!!!!!

I’ve got a G43 and it’s become my EDC and I have no issues. Out of the box I didn’t like this pistol at all. The round count and grip surface were both lacking. The stock sights suck as they do with all Glocks. I remedied the first 2 issues with the installation of Taran Tactical +3 mag plates. The sights have been replaced with night sights and now imo it’s better balanced, I’ve got a few more rounds, and getting sight picture/alignment is easy.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back