Glock 30

rrc1962

There's probably not much point in asking, but what does everyone think of this gun? Glock seems to be one of the most recommended guns out there. Any pros/cons to the G30?

There's probably not much point in asking, but what does everyone think of this gun? Glock seems to be one of the most recommended guns out there. Any pros/cons to the G30?

I love mine. At least half the time I shoot better with my G30 than with my Sig P220.

I initially thought it was too "fat". I couldn't wait to get my hands on the G36 when I heard about it. When I did, I thought it was too skinny. It's a lot about what you get used to.

I think it is easier to shoot than the G26. The .45 seems to me to have a slower more pleasant recoil.

Don't know aboout the 30 but in general a Glock is a fine gun. Along with my HK a Glock 19 is one of two guns that I carry on a regular basis.

I looked at a Glock 30 with night sights today. Comes with 2 10rnd mags. They want $749. Right beside it was a Springfield XD .45 with stainless slide. It comes with one 10 rnd mag and one 13 rnd mag for $619. I could go either way. The Glock has a slightly smaller footprint but both are about the same thickness. Both are comparable as far as weight. Both have a rail to mount a light/laser. Both have similar safeties.

I was pretty much sold on buying a lower end gun, but then figured that the next step up isn't really a huge step. What's another $300 in the grand scheme of things.

What do you guys think of the prices on the Glock and XD. Sounded a little high to me, but I'm not really up to speed on pricing on the higher end guns. I should also mention that we have a 9.25% sales tax. That adds up on bigger ticket purchases.

Night sights usually add $75 - $125 to the price of any Glock. It all depends on the dealer, and if the sights are factory installed or dealer installed. Were both pisols equipped with night sights? I'd say the price is on the high side. I can get the same pistol here in PRHI with night sights for under $700.

With all of the gun stores in NV, I'm sure it isn't difficult to shop around. That would be my recommendation.

gf

I carry the glock 36 the other baby glock I would say. I am a big fan of 45 and I have smaller hands so finding the glock 36 was great. The glock 30 is a great choice in my opinion if it fits you the buy it.

The Glock had night sights. He said the night sights add $125. The XD did not have night sights. I thought this stores prices were little high across the board. They are located in a fairly wealthy part of town but they are the biggest store in the area. None of the other dealers have a Glock 30. Most of them have less than 10 handguns in stock.

I'm in Nashville, TN. Fortunately, we have a gun show just about every month. That's a good way to shop the various dealers. Last show the prices were not that good and no one wanted to deal. I can probably get the price on the Glock down to $720 or so but doubt he'll go lower. It's kind of a sellers market.

The Glock had night sights. He said the night sights add $125. The XD did not have night sights. I thought this stores prices were little high across the board. They are located in a fairly wealthy part of town but they are the biggest store in the area. None of the other dealers have a Glock 30. Most of them have less than 10 handguns in stock.

I'm in Nashville, TN. Fortunately, we have a gun show just about every month. That's a good way to shop the various dealers. Last show the prices were not that good and no one wanted to deal. I can probably get the price on the Glock down to $720 or so but doubt he'll go lower. It's kind of a sellers market.

If you can deal and get the gun for $720, I'd say go for it. I'm a firm believer in night sights. They're handy for shooting in low light (when a lot of BG like to strike) and makes it easier to find your gun in the dark. :smile:

gf

Your prices seem high. You might do better if you shop around. Look at Gallery of Guns and see what kind of prices they are offering. Look on line. You might find a better deal that you can have shipped in to a local FFL.

I think with the flurry of gun buying that is going on, a lot of dealers are taking advantage of the market and raising their prices.

Well, I bought the G30SF with night sites for $710. Also bought the wife a Kahr CW9. I also found out today that most holsters for the G21 will also fit the G30 since the G30 is just a short version of the G21.

G30

My G30 has night sights and I love it. I carry it often.....especially when I'm working at the liquor store. You can't go wrong!

I have had a glock 30 for along time and thousands of rds thru it without a hiccup. I carry it from time time when I don't carry a 1911 and I have also used it for a back up. I think it is a very good gun. The only thing I have ever done is put night sights on it and change the recoil spring. I've got about 16000 rds down range.
Also you don't mind a little bigger glock try the G21sf that is one smooth shooting 45. I carry thet too and for easy to conceal.

Hope this helped!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back