Glock 23 Gen 4 Highly Recommend!

m.ritz

So most of you have probably read many different opinions abut the Gen 4 Glocks, but I'm going to go ahead and beat the dead horse anyway and throw mine oht there too. I picked up a G19 Gen 4 a little over a year ago. I had always gravitated toward 9mm's because I had never before shot a 40S&W that I found to be very pleasant to shoot, and I personally have issues concealing a 45, especially when it's a Glock. Even tye Sig P226 in 40S&W was unpleasant to me. I decided I wanted something that hit a little harder though, so I rented a G23 Gen 3 because that's all that was available to me for rent at the range (as in they didn't have a Gen 4 for rent). I found that to actually be somewhat enjoyable, to my surprise, and I noticed no difference in my ability to shoot or control it compared to my G19, which I shot back to back with the G23. I went ahead and ordered a G23 Gen 4, which I just received the other day. I out a few rounds thru it, and WOW am I impressed! It feels pretty much like I'm shooting a 9mm! The felt recoil is substantially better than any other .40 I've shot in my opinion! I would high recommend this pistol, even to beginner shooters! It's very easy to control, it actually feels pleasant to shoot, and it's very accurate. I love this thing! Nice job Glock!!

I've been really, really happy with my G27 Gen4. (.40 S&W)

It's been nothing short of outstanding.

The kicker for me to going to the Gen4 is that I'm a southpaw, and I have moved the mag release to the correct side :)

UD

Love the G23, not a fan of the gen4. Seems like they just added a bunch of unnecessary fru-fru to an amazing pistol. Don't like the new grip texture, don't need interchangeable back straps, the new recoil spring had problems when it came out, and the new trigger bar bump annoys me. Can't really blame them though, they have to try and stay competitive with XDs and M&Ps starting to steal so many of their LE contracts.

My third Glock is a G23 Gen4, and it's my best one so far. I've shot a G19 (in 9mm) once, and I really do not notice the difference in recoil. I like the rough texture, and I actually prefer the earlier RTF that was on my first Glock, a G22 Gen 3.5 .

I love everything about the gen 4's, but I guess most of it as a personal preference. As far as having issues with the new recoil spring, I believe that was only on the 9mm's, and they have more than resolved that by now. It was a Glock 19 that I just traded in for the 23, and I had no issues whatsoever with the recoil spring on that. the gen 4 recoil spring, to me, made a very noticeable difference on the 23.

I love everything about the gen 4's, but I guess most of it as a personal preference. As far as having issues with the new recoil spring, I believe that was only on the 9mm's, and they have more than resolved that by now. It was a Glock 19 that I just traded in for the 23, and I had no issues whatsoever with the recoil spring on that. the gen 4 recoil spring, to me, made a very noticeable difference on the 23.

It was actually in several calibers but you're right they shipped out free recoil spring assembly replacements to qualifying pistols.

I really like my new G 21 Gen 4. Dual re-coil spring is great, softer shooting and less barrel flip. I don't like the new rough texture on the grip, but after installing Hogue Slip-On Grip Sleeve it's perfect for me.

I'm a fan of the gen4, now I love my G23 even more... with double recoil spring and extended slide lock, extended mag release, extended slide stop, smooth face trigger with polished internal parts, grip plug and night sights.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back