Glock 17 or S&W MP 9

Glock 17 or S&W MP 9

• Glock 17

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Smith and Wesson MP 9

Votes: 34 47.2%

• Total voters

Austin

My department is changing from the Glock 17 to the Smith and Wesson MP 9. Maybe I dont like change or maybe I just lean toward the Glocks. What are yalls opinion on this: Glock 17 or S&W MP 9?

Have you received the Smitty yet?

Try it, you'll like it!

Sure the Glock has the Hollywood, glamour name, but I find the S&W much more comfortable in my hand.

I think you will be happy.

The S&W has a lot more parts (potential for stuff to get lost or go wrong) and is a lot harder to clean. Good thing about the S&W is that it does come with the take down tool and the ability to change the size of the grip. My biggest gripe with the M&P is the trigger. That break in the middle tends to contribute to "flinching".

They're both good guns, but you can all guess my choice. :wink:

gf

I have two M&Ps one in 40c and one in 9mm I love both guns fits me well and both shoot like a champ. I do not think you can go wrong.

I would take my M&P9c over a Glock anyday, but then again I have never been a big fan of Glock. I think you're gonna like the M&P.

The trigger on the M&P, IMO, is garbage. Then again, so is the GLOCK trigger.

The trigger on a M&P can be cleaned up quite easily. Just a polish job will do wonders.

How ever there is the debate of doing any mods how ever so slight to a service/duty weapon.

I have to say that I am very surprised at the outcome of this poll. I honestly thought it would be a blowout in favor of the Glock.

I own both a Glock 21 and a M&P 9. The glock I have had for years and the smith I just picked up about a week ago. I've been carrying nothing but a 1911 lately and have gotten used to the SA trigger. Now I have to work on my trigger control. But all in all I am very impresssed with the smith.

M&p/c40

The trigger on a M&P can be cleaned up quite easily. Just a polish job will do wonders.

How ever there is the debate of doing any mods how ever so slight to a service/duty weapon.

I will say the trigger pull is bad but may be due to the safte in it but also if you plane to shot it at a target 30 feet away you may want to pratice 1 hour a day with it because it will take you months to put a good paturn
on paper.
I have to say not even sure if it is any good for personal protection.
:jester:

Wow, that is just plain crazy ass stupid!

S&W M&P may be a fine weapon, but it has no history or reputation to hold against the Glock.

Glocks are the AK-47 of the pistol world, and will never be unseated from that position.

I will never trade any of my Glocks for any other pistol. ever.

I trust my life to one pistol.

My Glock.

Wow, that is just plain crazy ass stupid!

S&W M&P may be a fine weapon, but it has no history or reputation to hold against the Glock.

Glocks are the AK-47 of the pistol world, and will never be unseated from that position.

I will never trade any of my Glocks for any other pistol. ever.

I trust my life to one pistol.

My Glock.

I'm a firm believer in the dependability of my Glock pistols, but would stop short of using the word "never". :wink:

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back