Giving Your Firearm(s) A Name

Mine are as follows:

Kahr PM9 - Junior
Smith Model 60 - Smitty
LCP - Elsie
Smith 686 - Big Smitty

These are more like codewords than names. That way I can say to my wife "I need to take Elsie to the car" and no one is the wiser.

me and my buddies love to name our guns. here a few..

black 870 - black betty
ruger .357 - the mistress
s&w .357 - the sheppard
browning a-bolt - the crusader

i could go forever but i like the idea

When I first started carrying, sometimes while out in public, my wife would turn to me and say "Where's your gun?" or "Are you carrying?" At that point, I named my Glock "Carl". Now my wife asks "Where's Carl?" This works much better.

My mothers "Rosco".... make sure you take Rosco with you on your walk
my dad's "bad boy" Hey dad your bad-boy is peakin out
mine "nine iron" easy to use alot of golf terminology when talkin about guns ie. going to the club, hittin some rounds, put my clubs in the trunk

the nicknames just make it easier to talk in some situations, the names just kinda happened, it wasnt a sit around the table and everyone pick a name deal. My dad gave my mom hers, and she started the whole badboy thing with my dad cause she thinks its funny and my dad said he got me a 9 iron... and I was like I havent played golf in years...and then it clicked

I don't have names for them but when my wife and I sometimes exchanges emails from work we replace the word "gun" with "gnome". Makes it kinda funny. "Did you lock up the gnomes before you left?" "Has the gnomefood (=ammo) come in yet?" :wacko:

Llama .380- No name yet. Thinking Sally or Sandra. Leaning to Sandra any suggestions?

SKS- Nortier (it's a norinco)

M1A1 carbine- Marie

Winchester '94 30-30 - Buddy

Winchester '94 32 special original- Old Man

My boom stick

Well I am surprised it has not been said but I would have to call my shotgun my Boom Stick from Army of DARKNESS.

Come give the King some sugar.:sarcastic:

Have decided that my "winter carry" (i.e. more easily concealed) weapon is going to be my Beretta 9000 s. (Has some nice safety features I like in a carry auto.) Since a code name is necessary: "Tony" will suffice just perfectly.

"Don't do the crime
if you can't do the time...."

GG

My fiancée's Ruger SR22 - Rudy
My Tanfoglio/EAA FAB 92 - Giuseppe
My U. S. Rifle, Caliber .30, Model of 1917 (1917 Enfield) - Alvin
My High Standard Sentinel Deluxe - Frank, in honor of my Papaw, who left it to me
My crossbow - William Tell

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back