Giving Your Firearm(s) A Name

Reminds me of a case Mas Ayoob wrote about, when a prosecutor was grilling the justifiable citizen shooter and, picking up his gun used in self defense with two scared fingers for the jury to see, asked the defendant very smarmy "would you say this is your FAVORITE gun?" The defendant dryly replied, "It is now".

Mas Ayoob and his wife name their guns. :biggrin:

My wife and I refer to any gun we may carry as "your friend". Or call it a "NUG" (from one of the MASH episodes). The only exception is my 450 marlin, it is know as the "Hammer of God"
Mudpuppy: I thought I was the only one who talks in code ( especially on the telephone to my wife who goes back -and forth from Chi -suburbs . Where a gun is still ok to own ) . We do what we have to in the firearm community to be left alone by those who don't ever care what we think ! God Bless.

That's great! He couldn't have had a better response! Perfect, simply perfect! LOL ....it is now.... :sarcastic:
Hopinpop : Good answer . Paw Paw ,Mi. I once slept in the town park when my buddy and I hitchiked in 1970 . We were good guys just trying to get back to Berrin Springs,Mi. Try to do that today . I'll bet lol would take you away . Fond memories . I always liked Michigan a lot ! God Bless .

Scared to ask what other things you people name. :pleasantry:

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Sometimes I refer to them as my equalizer. Other times my big stick. If I have just watched an old gangster movie from the 1940's I may find myself calling one of my hand guns the Rosco or Heater.

I generally don't name 'em, but do sometimes refer to my personal sidearm (1911 design .45) as American Express. For those who recall the Karl Malden commercials, I "don't leave home without it."

I even trained Wife that if she were ever held hostage and heard me alternate reference to her "weak heart" with an offer to give the badguy everything including my American Express, it's time to "collapse" and stay down, because American Express will be speaking.

Since originally starting this thread, I've purchased four more firearms. All but one of them has been given a name. The List:

XD-40SC - Dean
XD-40 Service - Sam
Mosin-Nagant 91/30 - Vanya
Glock-22 - Castiel
Glock-27 - Gabriel
Shotgun - no name as of yet, tho leaning towards Bobby

I just find it somewhat entertaining to name my firearms and vehicles. Plus, it's a sort of memory jogger for me, as well as allows Wife code-words to ask about me being armed while in Public.

My wife and I use "code names" for our primary carry weapons, so we can refer to them in public without arousing "panic reaction" in the queasy. I carry a .32 Beretta Tomcat popgun ("Pops") when logical to do so and a Ruger SP 101 ("Stash") most of the time. Wife purse carries (or waist pouch) her S&W snubby .357..... "SWeety" (of course).

The pump 12 guage is "The Cannon" and the AR-15 is "Crowd Control".

GG

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back