Giving Your Firearm(s) A Name

Got this idea from a thread in the Concealed Handgun Forumn here. I've got an XD-40 SC (Sub-Compact) and an XD-40 Service (4" barrel), both from Springfield Armory, both in .40cal. I really like these pistols and they each have their own name: Dean and Sam Winchester.

The names came about when I first brought the Sub-Compact home w/some Winchester PDX rounds. I had needed to purchase something for the pistol, as a pistol w/no ammo is just a paper weight, right? I thought it might be fun to get the family involved by asking them if they wanted to give the pistol a special name. Wife said "How about Dean or Sam Winchester? Name it after the box of ammunition." The kids loved the idea - my daughter, Wife and I are all fans of the TV Show "Supernatural", which features the brothers Dean (the older, but shorter brother) and Sam Winchester (younger and taller), who hunt monsters, ghosts and demons.

So, the Sub-Compact became known as Dean, which is fitting as Dean is the older, somewhat shorter more compact brother. Three weeks later I purchased the XD-40 Service (4" barrel) and it was immediately christened Sam, who is the younger, taller brother. The serial numbers bear this out, even, as Dean's is of a lower number group than Sam's.

Do your firearms have a name? :biggrin:

Nope I dont name them, not a lame topic, just guess noone names their weapons. Its kinda a good way to introduce the weapons to the family and get a conversation going about them, basically getting them all involved in weapons.:laugh:

Thanks for the advice, fellas! Who do you guys use for professional help...? And do they accept insurance or require to pay cash as you go...?

:biggrin:

Ok, Im not telling anyone about this, but I have names for my guns....

G22- Sweet Nellie
G20- Big Bertha
G29- Baby Sweet
AR-15- Arnie Fife...

I only have names for my shotgun (the Octagon), my 9mm (James Westfall), and my .44 mag (Dr. Kenneth Noisewater).

you ladies play your cards right you might get to meet the whole gang.

Alright, I'll fess up.... my:

XD40, 4" - Tracy (has CrimsonTrace grips)

Star 30M - Dottie (extremely accurate, named because it can "dot" an "i")

Taurus 851 CIA .38Spl - Carrie (back-up carry)

Mossberg 500 Cruiser - Bruiser (guess why)

Ruger Mini-14 - Minnie (duh)

...few others but you get the point

I name mine so when my hubbie and I are going out, we can discuss them and people think we are just talking about the kids.:pleasantry:

taurus:
709Slim is "Buddy"
738-----is of chorce "Little Buddy"
Yes we refer to ours with names also so it helps hide the fact were talking about our weapons when out in public!
But then again..We we also talk about guns in general! If its over heard Oh Well!!

Sorry. Didn't realize this was a rated G forum. We shouldn't allow talk about guns or killing either. It's bad for kids. Now go give barney a big hug.

crybaby8.jpg

Link Removed

Last edited:
Anthony,
Uncalled for and rule violation. Some of our members use the forum as a training asset for their kids.

My wife and I refer to any gun we may carry as "your friend". Or call it a "NUG" (from one of the MASH episodes). The only exception is my 450 marlin, it is know as the "Hammer of God"

Anthony,
Uncalled for and rule violation. Some of our members use the forum as a training asset for their kids.

My apologies for any member or their family I might have affended by using the word "penis". I figured it was most politically correct term than the other words I could've used there, as well as being the medically correct term for that part of the human anatomy.
It is my understanding the term is used in every 6th grade sex ed class in every public school in America.

I'll put a note HUMOR: on every tongue-in-cheek post in the future so that anal retents don't think I'm throwing out an insult.

My wife and I refer to any gun we may carry as "your friend". Or call it a "NUG" (from one of the MASH episodes). The only exception is my 450 marlin, it is know as the "Hammer of God"

HA! I remember that episode now! Good reference. The "your friend" reminded me, my wife often says "you wearing your manpiece?". She calls both of the guns I carry my "manpiece" interchangably. Now I'll sit back and wait for jokes as for manpiece having a double meaning... lol I got no shame, go for it :sarcastic:

Reminds me of a case Mas Ayoob wrote about, when a prosecutor was grilling the justifiable citizen shooter and, picking up his gun used in self defense with two scared fingers for the jury to see, asked the defendant very smarmy "would you say this is your FAVORITE gun?" The defendant dryly replied, "It is now".

Reminds me of a case Mas Ayoob wrote about, when a prosecutor was grilling the justifiable citizen shooter and, picking up his gun used in self defense with two scared fingers for the jury to see, asked the defendant very smarmy "would you say this is your FAVORITE gun?" The defendant dryly replied, "It is now".

That's great! He couldn't have had a better response! Perfect, simply perfect! LOL ....it is now.... :sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back