Girl, 13, slain by brothers AK-47

TroutStalker

How quick will the liberals use this girls death to fuel their gun grabbing agenda.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/world/article/383785/28/Step-brothers-AK-47-goes-off-killing-girl-on-13th-birthday

Dumb ass kid. Classic example of an untrained gun owner. Who points a weapon towards another individual and pulls the trigger? Its right at the top of the list of training.

Interesting how the read goes "Slain by brothers AK 47" kind of like the toddler that was run over by an SUV. It is a miracle that inanimate objects now can kill us. It is the rise of the machines. I am waiting for Arnold to be back.

Other than that these are lessons for every dumbass kid that wants a gun...make them read every article available about how little idiots like themselves just know enough to get someone killed. That is how I taught my daughter by the way. She did not need a lot of my lectures...she knows what happens when you pull the trigger. Perhaps parents need to whack them over the head with a butt stock once in a while so they can get the message that if you are not careful you can really hurt someone with a gun...yeah...how about a good pistol whippin every so often so they understand guns can hurt you. I don't know if I want to feel bad for the kid on the trigger or just go beat his ass black and blue. No...I don't need anger management...I need a drink!

So much gross negligence here. It should make any conscientious firearm owner furious. This kid obviously was never properly taught or supervised. As to the question of how quickly this will be used as a reason to eliminate or restrict civilian access to firearms, the answer is immediately.

How quick will the liberals use this girls death to fuel their gun grabbing agenda.

Link Removed

If you have a problem finding the article here it is.

JOHNSON COUNTY, Texas (Newser) - Another tragic accidental shooting, this one in Texas: Emilee Bates was accidentally killed by her step-brother on her 13th birthday Tuesday.

Police say Austin McCord, 19, was clearing his AK-47 at the time. He ejected two dummy rounds that were above the loaded magazine, then pulled the trigger in what he believed was a safe move, NBC 5 reports.

The sheriff explains that "once you've emptied the weapon, it's always safer to get the pressure off of the trigger, and that's what he thought he was doing."

But McCord forgot about the loaded magazine, and the gun went off, shooting Emilee in the stomach.

"He believed he was making the weapon safe by pulling the trigger to drop the bolt on an empty chamber," the sheriff's office said in a statement obtained by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Police were called to the home around 8:30 p.m., where the step-siblings were alone; Emilee had been studying. The seventh-grader died in a Fort Worth hospital around 10 p.m.

The case is considered an accident, and police say no charges will be filed.
=====
R.S.
I am having a real problem with this being classed an accident.:mad:

He racked the bolt twice to eject the dummy rounds. Did he not think to remove the loaded mag first and just thumb out the rounds?
The moron actually placed a live round in the chamber while attempting to render the weapon "safe" by racking out the dummy rounds...total ND but with horrific end result. Multiple failures of the four basic gun rules!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

I bought a used 22lr semi auto tube fed rifle. It was an older model. I got rid of it because a few times I had thought I emptied the tube and ejected the chambered round, in that order, only to find out one or two rounds remained in the receiver. I almost shot my toe off once because I released the pressure on the trigger after I "emptied" the rifle of ammunition. I explained the entire problem to the friend I sold it to so he would be aware. Sometimes, even when you think the gun is unloaded, it may still be loaded. I am not sure if you can be too cautious. But this kid did not even drop the magazine. Whenever I safe a gun, the very first thing I do is remove the magazine and then rack the slide or charging handle. Then I do it again and look into the chamber. If it is one of my revolvers i pop the cylinder twice and i will even look into the chamber of the revolver ith the cylinder popped open. This has to be a contious effort on my part in order to feel secure. If I find myself simply going through the motions without giving any thought to what I am doing I stop catch my breath and start over.

I bought a used 22lr semi auto tube fed rifle. It was an older model. I got rid of it because a few times I had thought I emptied the tube and ejected the chambered round, in that order, only to find out one or two rounds remained in the receiver. I almost shot my toe off once because I released the pressure on the trigger after I "emptied" the rifle of ammunition. I explained the entire problem to the friend I sold it to so he would be aware. Sometimes, even when you think the gun is unloaded, it may still be loaded. I am not sure if you can be too cautious. But this kid did not even drop the magazine. Whenever I safe a gun, the very first thing I do is remove the magazine and then rack the slide or charging handle. Then I do it again and look into the chamber. If it is one of my revolvers i pop the cylinder twice and i will even look into the chamber of the revolver ith the cylinder popped open. This has to be a contious effort on my part in order to feel secure. If I find myself simply going through the motions without giving any thought to what I am doing I stop catch my breath and start over.

I'm sorry, I have to unequivocally disagree with what you just said. Are there firearms that are more difficult to tell if they are loaded or not, yes. But it is the firearm owner's responsibility to know how each and every firearm operates BEFORE ever loading a round through. You mention you almost took off a toe. Seriously? Why did you not know how to visual and/or manually check to see if your firearm had a round in it. This is why there are no accidental discharges... only negligent ones. Remember rule #1, all firearms are always loaded. This is a state of mind. ... also #2, don't point at or sweep over anything you do not wish to be destroyed. Apparently you don't like your toes too much. #3, keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and made the conscious decision to shoot, and #4 be aware of your target, what is in front and what is beyond.

People who do not follow each of the four rules of safe firearm handling are doomed to eventually have a problem.

I have put 10's of thousands of rounds through my firearms... I have never had the "near misses" and "oops" moments I hear all the time on these forums. Why? I simply follow those 4 rules. They're very easy to follow, but some are too lazy to do so.

I'm sorry, I have to unequivocally disagree with what you just said. Are there firearms that are more difficult to tell if they are loaded or not, yes. But it is the firearm owner's responsibility to know how each and every firearm operates BEFORE ever loading a round through. You mention you almost took off a toe. Seriously? Why did you not know how to visual and/or manually check to see if your firearm had a round in it. This is why there are no accidental discharges... only negligent ones. Remember rule #1, all firearms are always loaded. This is a state of mind. ... also #2, don't point at or sweep over anything you do not wish to be destroyed. Apparently you don't like your toes too much. #3, keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and made the conscious decision to shoot, and #4 be aware of your target, what is in front and what is beyond.

People who do not follow each of the four rules of safe firearm handling are doomed to eventually have a problem.

I have put 10's of thousands of rounds through my firearms... I have never had the "near misses" and "oops" moments I hear all the time on these forums. Why? I simply follow those 4 rules. They're very easy to follow, but some are too lazy to do so.

Sorry for offending ya fella. My post was not in search of a lecture. It was experience that I imparted so that others way avoid shooting their toes off. If you have no interest in helping someone avoid pitfalls that you have had maybe you should just impart your wisdom on FB. Maybe you were born perfect...hey maybe you are the messiah...don't know though.Otherwise I suggest you keep quiet when someone wants to express near misses in order to help others avoid the same pitfalls. It never hurts to tell someone how to avoid shooting themselves in the foot with a gun and now I tell you how to avoid shooting yourself in the foot with your key strokes. Get the point yet? Whatever you do, do not have children because you are going to be sorely disappointed or maybe you will just beat the hell out of them until they become perfect.

Dumb ass kid. Classic example of an untrained gun owner. Who points a weapon towards another individual and pulls the trigger? Its right at the top of the list of training.
Yes... NRA gun safety rules
#1: Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
#2: Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
#3: Keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
Indict him for criminally negligent homicide. I'm sick of these people ruining it for everyone else.

Sorry for offending ya fella. My post was not in search of a lecture. It was experience that I imparted so that others way avoid shooting their toes off. If you have no interest in helping someone avoid pitfalls that you have had maybe you should just impart your wisdom on FB. Maybe you were born perfect...hey maybe you are the messiah...don't know though.Otherwise I suggest you keep quiet when someone wants to express near misses in order to help others avoid the same pitfalls. It never hurts to tell someone how to avoid shooting themselves in the foot with a gun and now I tell you how to avoid shooting yourself in the foot with your key strokes. Get the point yet? Whatever you do, do not have children because you are going to be sorely disappointed or maybe you will just beat the hell out of them until they become perfect.

Offend me? Absolutely not. I don't get offended easily. Perfect? laughable. I am not perfect. Taking a post on this site personally? Now you have me falling off my chair laughing.

You suggest that you are helping people to avoid pitfalls. Read my post again. I will always refer back to the four basic rules of safe gun handling to avoid EVERY pitfall because that IS helping people to avoid pitfalls. If you somehow took my post as a personal affront, then sir it is you that has a problem. Maybe you really should have learned how to use your firearm before you almost blew your toes off.

Defending against those four rules sir, makes you sound like an idiot and when you sprinkle your post with sarcastic personal jabs ("born perfect", "you are the messiah") you just sound like a wounded puppy.

You mention one thing that I agree with, "It never hurts to tell someone how to avoid shooting themselves in the foot with a gun". This is why I remind people who don't follow the four rules of safe gun handling about them. YOU sir did not follow them. YOU sir did not know how your firearm worked before you used it. YOU sir did not know how to unload your firearm. YOU sir did not follow the four rules of safe gun handling and now you have the audacity to tell ME to shut up. You are laughable.

Interesting how the read goes "Slain by brothers AK 47" kind of like the toddler that was run over by an SUV. It is a miracle that inanimate objects now can kill us. It is the rise of the machines. I am waiting for Arnold to be back.

Other than that these are lessons for every dumbass kid that wants a gun...make them read every article available about how little idiots like themselves just know enough to get someone killed. That is how I taught my daughter by the way. She did not need a lot of my lectures...she knows what happens when you pull the trigger. Perhaps parents need to whack them over the head with a butt stock once in a while so they can get the message that if you are not careful you can really hurt someone with a gun...yeah...how about a good pistol whippin every so often so they understand guns can hurt you. I don't know if I want to feel bad for the kid on the trigger or just go beat his ass black and blue. No...I don't need anger management...I need a drink!

Sometimes, even when you think the gun is unloaded, it may still be loaded.

What? You never "think" a gun is unloaded. You unload the damn gun. And you don't let Charles Darwin teach your kids about firearms.

No charges filed? Isn't negligent homicide enough to charge the stupid brother?

If I were the judge, I'd charge him with manslaughter and sentence him to time served. That would require the surrender of his firearms and 2A rights since he is not responsible enough to handle them. Regardless of any charges that do or do not get filed, he will be paying for this one for the rest of his life. I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up committing suicide.

What? You never "think" a gun is unloaded. You unload the damn gun. And you don't let Charles Darwin teach your kids about firearms.

I take that to mean that you simply act like an automaton. Is that a good thing?

Offend me? Absolutely not. I don't get offended easily. Perfect? laughable. I am not perfect. Taking a post on this site personally? Now you have me falling off my chair laughing.

You suggest that you are helping people to avoid pitfalls. Read my post again. I will always refer back to the four basic rules of safe gun handling to avoid EVERY pitfall because that IS helping people to avoid pitfalls. If you somehow took my post as a personal affront, then sir it is you that has a problem. Maybe you really should have learned how to use your firearm before you almost blew your toes off.

Defending against those four rules sir, makes you sound like an idiot and when you sprinkle your post with sarcastic personal jabs ("born perfect", "you are the messiah") you just sound like a wounded puppy.

You mention one thing that I agree with, "It never hurts to tell someone how to avoid shooting themselves in the foot with a gun". This is why I remind people who don't follow the four rules of safe gun handling about them. YOU sir did not follow them. YOU sir did not know how your firearm worked before you used it. YOU sir did not know how to unload your firearm. YOU sir did not follow the four rules of safe gun handling and now you have the audacity to tell ME to shut up. You are laughable.

I suspect you have never had hash marks in your underwear or even your diapers. That sir, is how amazingly perfect you have shown yourself to be!

As soon as his finger operated the trigger, it went from an accident to negligence. There was a conscience act there. It would have been an accident if the kid had not touched the trigger and it had gone off. Manslaughter fits the bill as firing a gun in the home where a death occurs is under that charge in Florida.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back