GG 1 Crack head 0

Sheldon

Crack heads try to rob a guy at a gas station, he has a CCW, couple of .45's later, and there is video....

Link Removed

"Uh, duuuuude! I have a stomach ache!!!" Yeah, moron! Two slug from a 45 will do that!! Cuddos to the armed citizen. One thing, shoot once more, maybe the scum won't be around to do that again to anyone.

He drove off to get out of harms way and phoned the police, and met with them at the scene as requested....

Is there some legal obligation, when you're under assault, to inform your attackers that you are armed with a gun? Here's my take on it: If two guys are beating me and they are lucky enough to notice that I have drawn my weapon and am preparing to fire, and they take that opportunity to turn and run like hell before I pull the trigger, I probably won't shoot. However, if they are too preoccupied with the beating they are trying to dish out to notice, I'll just consider the loud 'bangs' and the holes I put in them to be ample 'notification'.

The reason I bring this up is that the narrator seems to make a big deal that the defender informed his attackers that he had a gun and they still didn't back down. I've heard that before, but I wonder if that's what really happens or is that what your lawyer tells you to say that you said when describing the incident to the police? And does this really matter?

Is there some legal obligation, when you're under assault, to inform your attackers that you are armed with a gun? Here's my take on it: If two guys are beating me and they are lucky enough to notice that I have drawn my weapon and am preparing to fire, and they take that opportunity to turn and run like hell before I pull the trigger, I probably won't shoot. However, if they are too preoccupied with the beating they are trying to dish out to notice, I'll just consider the loud 'bangs' and the holes I put in them to be ample 'notification'.

The reason I bring this up is that the narrator seems to make a big deal that the defender informed his attackers that he had a gun and they still didn't back down. I've heard that before, but I wonder if that's what really happens or is that what your lawyer tells you to say that you said when describing the incident to the police? And does this really matter?

In some states maybe.... bottom line here is, it is your word, the honest law abiding citizen against that of a crack head, so who do you think the police are going to believe....

I think its situation dependent. He all ready knew something wrong was going on. His self defense was all ready triggered. He was all ready thinking about his gun. All this led him, consciously or subconsciously, into saying, "I have a gun go away." The lack of response by the bad guys led to two rounds into the abdomen. In this situation it happened over a period of a couple minutes with the climax being only a few seconds. If they hadn't of spoken to him before, and ran up and started to assault him blindly, I don't think the words would have come out before the bangs. That's my take on notifying the bad guys before firing on this video.

Notification of gun would be loud bang, they failed to notify him he was going to be assulted, I see no reason to notify BG he would be shot if he tried.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back