GFSZ and uncased long guns

tricolordad

Banned
Since CCW went into effect here in WI, we no longer have to have long guns encased except on the day before gun deer season starts (no BS, look it up!) Buuuut...here is where I'm unclear about the requirement. Taking into consideration that I am a CCL holder, do I need to have it encased when traveling through the criminals welcome we are unarmed zones (GFSZ for the illiterate.)

Beginning November 1, 2011, it is legal to load a handgun, or to transport a loaded handgun cased or uncased, in a vehicle without a license. NOTE: This does NOT apply to long guns; they still must be unloaded, but now may be uncased. There is still some confusion as to whether or not an encased gun is concealed, so if it is cased, best to have it out of reach unless you have a carry license. Long guns must be "discernable to ordinary observation", since a conceal carry license does not apply. Previously all firearms had to be unloaded & encased (per the transport statute), & out of reach (derived from the concealed carry statute). Those with a concealed carry license may conceal a pistol in a vehicle.[\QUOTE]

And also, are they saying that my shotty must be in the open so that anyone looking into the vehicle can see it?

Have a question about SC laws on CWP. Had a friend to have problem with officer stopping him for speeding initially. Then he tried to tell him his colored headlights we're illegal, etc...but the main thing was he mentioned his CWP. The officer asked to see the gun and asked if it was loaded. He told him it was. He took the bullets, and told him in no circumstance was it to be loaded, and had to be separated from ammo. He told him there was no need in having the gun if he can't keep it loaded and in glove box. The cop kept insisting he couldn't keep it loaded. Luckily his cop friend came by and helped him. My question is, was that right what the officer did, and if so why should I even pay money for a permit that won't let me carry my pistol loaded. Thanks!

Have a question about SC laws on CWP. Had a friend to have problem with officer stopping him for speeding initially. Then he tried to tell him his colored headlights we're illegal, etc...but the main thing was he mentioned his CWP. The officer asked to see the gun and asked if it was loaded. He told him it was. He took the bullets, and told him in no circumstance was it to be loaded, and had to be separated from ammo. He told him there was no need in having the gun if he can't keep it loaded and in glove box. The cop kept insisting he couldn't keep it loaded. Luckily his cop friend came by and helped him. My question is, was that right what the officer did, and if so why should I even pay money for a permit that won't let me carry my pistol loaded. Thanks!

Officer was wrong and needs additional training.

Cop sounds crooked.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back