Getting a Permit to Carry a Hand Gun as a Business owner in Maryland? Plz Help.

nicecars110

I have an online business and people also come over and pay cash for local pick up. I buy my inventory from wholeseller in cash because they give good discount if I pay cash. Our purchase of cash each time is above 10k so we have to carry cash.

I also make deposit and withdraw cash too large amounts. I live in Maryland. I called the Permit Unit and the lady said, you should be able to get your CCW permit as a business owner and just send the application.

I also got a letter from bank confirming continuously deposits and withdraws for year of 2013. And also saying total deposits for year of 2013 is above 1 million dollars. They are also stating a couple of random deposits and withdraw amounts in different dates as Maryland Permit unit wants to see them.

What are my chances are getting approved?

If you moved your business to Virginia your chances of getting approved are 100% regardless of the reason for wanting a concealed carry permit. There could be some prohibitors based on your criminal record of course. For the life of me I do not understand why you folks remain in the "nanny state". Aren't you humiliated by being forced to give a reason to another adult as to why you want to carry a firearm? What must it feel like when someone tells you "no" you can't have one? Do you feel a bit like a child being chided by his mommy? And what in the name of God is their reasoning? You know that anybody can carry a concealed handgun anytime they want to. They do it all the time in PG County and Baltimore County. So the bad guys have blanket permission to do anything they want. They give themselves the permission...but the law abiding citizen...we will get back to you. If you know any gun owners that helped put the current rabble of politicians in office you need to tell them they got what they asked for.

I have an online business and people also come over and pay cash for local pick up. I buy my inventory from wholeseller in cash because they give good discount if I pay cash. Our purchase of cash each time is above 10k so we have to carry cash.

I also make deposit and withdraw cash too large amounts. I live in Maryland. I called the Permit Unit and the lady said, you should be able to get your CCW permit as a business owner and just send the application.

I also got a letter from bank confirming continuously deposits and withdraws for year of 2013. And also saying total deposits for year of 2013 is above 1 million dollars. They are also stating a couple of random deposits and withdraw amounts in different dates as Maryland Permit unit wants to see them.

Your chances are probably pretty good. I'd say 80/20. Either way, start becoming active in Pro-Gun activities in your state. Call your state and local reps push for MD's BS to be fixed! Even if you get your permit don't just do what everybody in anti states does and ignore the problem just because YOU have yours.

Good Luck and keep us up to date.

Fairly good if you have that much evidence of carrying cash for your business.

MD sucks, its gun permit system sucks, and don't be surprised if you are denied at first. You will just have to appeal it.

Fairly good if you have that much evidence of carrying cash for your business.

MD sucks, its gun permit system sucks, and don't be surprised if you are denied at first. You will just have to appeal it.

What do you mean "that much evidence" The only thing I really have bank letter conforming random deposits and over 1 million deposits in year of 2013. On Maryland State Permit Unit says send your deposit slip and bank letter for proof with the application.

What do you think?

I'd be more worried about asset forfeiture, given the cash deposits and withdrawals over 10K.
Look what happened to that guy recently who got screwed that way.
Good luck, in any case.
I do second the idea of you moving to VA, although with the crew "we" just elected last November we might end up like you.

I'd be more worried about asset forfeiture, given the cash deposits and withdrawals over 10K.
Look what happened to that guy recently who got screwed that way.
Good luck, in any case.
I do second the idea of you moving to VA, although with the crew "we" just elected last November we might end up like you.

What do you mean? what's the guy story? Could you explain what do you mean?

What do you mean "that much evidence" The only thing I really have bank letter conforming random deposits and over 1 million deposits in year of 2013. On Maryland State Permit Unit says send your deposit slip and bank letter for proof with the application.

What do you think?

Yes, with deposits that large, it is obvious you are carrying a lot of cash for your business. MD, might give you the permit right off the bat. Don't be surprised if they don't though. If they don't, go through the appeals process and then you should be able to get it.

You'll most likely be approved, but they'll put so many carry restrictions on the permit as to be almost useless unless you always carry business cash on you.

What do you mean? what's the guy story? Could you explain what do you mean?

The guy made many cash deposits from his business, all under 10K. The "Powers-that-be" decided he was doing something shady, even though the reason he was making all of the deposits was because his business insurance only covered up to 10K cash on the premises.
After a long fight, he finally got the money back, but it cost him a lot.
The story ran on a few internet news feeds, but I never saw it on the "mainstream" media.
You might try googleing it. I don't have any links.

Just read the constitution and I see nowhere it says a damn thing about funds to carry for any reason.

Ah but don't you realize the Constitution is of no concern to the officials in MD? and those officials surrounded by Maryland.

People that have always had the luxury of living in free states just can't seem to grasp the fact that spouting off Constitution this, and Constitution that won't help them when there arrested, convicted of a felony, legally disarmed for life and all while doing something that is technically LEGAL! They operate under the delusion that because they happen to be able to site Federal Law Sections, or court cases that the authorities in non-free states will go "Oh! Well I guess we were wrong and your free to go!" LOL!

People that have always had the luxury you miss the point...our Rights should not be Luxuries. They are inalienable... meaning the government cannot take them away, but in some of these draconian states they have. This is wrong at a base human level. of living in free states just can't seem to grasp the fact that spouting off Constitution this, and Constitution that won't help them when there arrested, convicted of a felony, legally disarmed for life and all while doing something that is technically LEGAL! They operate under the delusion that because they happen to be able to site Federal Law Sections, or court cases that the authorities in non-free states will go "Oh! Well I guess we were wrong and your free to go!" LOL! As these states should. The reason why we squawk so much about it is so the peoples in these states can start taking a stand against their government officials who are supposed to be working for them, not against them.

Responses in blue for your reading pleasure.

you miss the point...our Rights should not be Luxuries. They are inalienable... meaning the government cannot take them away, but in some of these draconian states they have. This is wrong at a base human level

I didn't miss the point. I agree with you 100% My point is that SOME people who have only known a free state don't realize that people ARE fighting the corruption at all time, we DO call our senators, we DO belong to our states Pro-Gun Org, We DO have Rallies at the state house, we DO blow up the phones, inboxes and mailboxes of those who are corrupt. But in the end, Taking the advise of someone from a free state to "Carry Anyway" or Simply thing pointing out that what their doing is illegal (like they don't already know that) will NOT help us when we're the ones in handcuffs and on trial for something that's technically not illegal. Whether right or wrong, jail is jail, and a felony conviction is a felony conviction. It's a VERY hard fight! SOME in free states think that people in oppressed states are just ignoring and taking up up the rear, that's NOT the case!

The reason why we squawk so much about it is so the peoples in these states can start taking a stand against their government officials who are supposed to be working for them, not against them.

I assure you as a former slave to the system, their VERY aware of the way it's supposed to work and constantly fighting. Prime example. MA is an Open Carry state, while in the Western Part of the State it's not uncommon to see it, If you did it in the Eastern Part of the state one of two things would happen 1. People assume your LE and nothing happens 2. People call the cops and the MWG call goes out. You broke NO law but depending on where you were could DRASTICALLY change what happens next. If your in a Pro 2a jurisdiction, they'd either check you out and apologize for the inconvenience, OR you'd be arrested, charged with whatever the cop could make up on the spot and drag you off. If YOU were from an anti jurisdiction YOUR police chief may pull your permit, keep in mind, in MA loosing the permit means loosing YOUR GUNS! not just the ability to conceal them! That's QUITE the chance to take isn't it? It's NOT a fair fight and their holding all the cards. Just like IL got, MA, MD, CA,NJ NEEDS SCOTUS intervention to fix it.

I didn't miss the point. I agree with you 100% My point is that SOME people who have only known a free state don't realize that people ARE fighting the corruption at all time, we DO call our senators, we DO belong to our states Pro-Gun Org, We DO have Rallies at the state house, we DO blow up the phones, inboxes and mailboxes of those who are corrupt. But in the end, Taking the advise of someone from a free state to "Carry Anyway" or Simply thing pointing out that what their doing is illegal (like they don't already know that) will NOT help us when we're the ones in handcuffs and on trial for something that's technically not illegal. Whether right or wrong, jail is jail, and a felony conviction is a felony conviction. It's a VERY hard fight! SOME in free states think that people in oppressed states are just ignoring and taking up up the rear, that's NOT the case!

I assure you as a former slave to the system, their VERY aware of the way it's supposed to work and constantly fighting. Prime example. MA is an Open Carry state, while in the Western Part of the State it's not uncommon to see it, If you did it in the Eastern Part of the state one of two things would happen 1. People assume your LE and nothing happens 2. People call the cops and the MWG call goes out. You broke NO law but depending on where you were could DRASTICALLY change what happens next. If your in a Pro 2a jurisdiction, they'd either check you out and apologize for the inconvenience, OR you'd be arrested, charged with whatever the cop could make up on the spot and drag you off. If YOU were from an anti jurisdiction YOUR police chief may pull your permit, keep in mind, in MA loosing the permit means loosing YOUR GUNS! not just the ability to conceal them! That's QUITE the chance to take isn't it? It's NOT a fair fight and their holding all the cards. Just like IL got, MA, MD, CA,NJ NEEDS SCOTUS intervention to fix it.

If you are constantly fighting than kudos to you... but the majority of the people in these types of states are not. Otherwise people like Bloomie wouldn't be elected to multiple terms.... or you are completely outnumbered by people who prefer to be gov't slaves and then you all need to have bigger voices.

Some people in the "slave" states are just taking it up the rear and are doing nothing. You can't tell me that every firearm owner in your state is doing all the things that you say. I know this to be untrue.

I've come across way too many people that have the laissez faire attitude of "what can I do about... *shrugs*".

If you are constantly fighting than kudos to you... but the majority of the people in these types of states are not. Otherwise people like Bloomie wouldn't be elected to multiple terms.... or you are completely outnumbered by people who prefer to be gov't slaves and then you all need to have bigger voices.

Some people in the "slave" states are just taking it up the rear and are doing nothing. You can't tell me that every firearm owner in your state is doing all the things that you say. I know this to be untrue.

I've come across way too many people that have the laissez faire attitude of "what can I do about... *shrugs*".

I too have been calling the "anti" representatives along with filling their mailboxes as much as I can, I went to the state house for hearings near the end of 2013...and stayed for the entire hearing, not just parts of it.... was amazed at the "anti gun" people that were allowed to cover the seats with propaganda and t-shirts and display large signs in clear defiance to the rules set down for being allowed to enter and participate in the hearing.... those with "pro gun" signs were asked to remove them.... just a small look at how things are run in the state where freedom for this country started... "MASSACHUSETTS" yes you are right, ALL the people that want to KEEP their rights, need to voice their opinions before their voices are silenced forever

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back