Get a Florida Permit to Carry in Delaware?

ToneGrail

As I understand it Delaware is a Restrictive May-Issue state. However, it does honor the FL non-resident permit.

Since there is a way to get around the restrictive May-Issue law via the FL nonres permit, why doesn't DE just go Shall-Issue?

Hi friends-
I have a Florida permit and am planning to head up to Delaware for the weekend. I can't find anything that clearly states the laws about where I can and can't carry, ie restaurants, parks etc... I'm hoping to camp, and am always armed when I'm out in the woods. Any info on the laws? Thanks!

Good Morning,
I've filled in all the squares and start my Delaware ccw class today. BEFORE I do my application , does anybody know if there's any particular verbage (reason-you-want -a-CCW-permit) that goes over better on the form ? Thanks all !

Good Morning,
I've filled in all the squares and start my Delaware ccw class today. BEFORE I do my application , does anybody know if there's any particular verbage (reason-you-want -a-CCW-permit) that goes over better on the form ? Thanks all !

As I understand it, it depends upon the judge that reviews your application. Some applicants seem to get their permit by simply stating they want it for self-defense...others have had their application denied for simply putting self-defense as the reason.

The folks at this forum - Delaware Open Carry - are very helpful. Don't let the title of Open Carry dissuade you from asking...many have CCW permits are very knowledgeable.

Here is another forum - Delaware Concealed Carry - not as much traffic on this forum as the other, but they are nice, helpful folks.

Good Luck!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back