Get a copy of the Constitution and read it.

maybejim

Maybejim
There are many places to get a free copy of the U.S. Constitution. Here are a few:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Pocket Constitution

Link Removed

http://www.constitutionfacts.com/ind...e=freeCopy.cfm

Several years ago I bought 100 copies and preceded to give them out around the 4th of July. I was amazed at how many people, mostly 18-25 would refuse them. Almost all the older folks 50's 60's took them and many asked for extra copies for friends and family.

At any rate, everyone should have a copy and should read it. It's relatively short and reasonably easy to understand, in spite of the problems lawyers and politicians seem to have understanding it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I often carry a copy im my pocket. It is sad how few people have ever read it. Even many of those that take an oath to defend it do not even know what is says. How can you defend something you don't even know?

I was amazed at how many people, mostly 18-25 would refuse them.

And they voted for Obama.

Just ordered 25 copies!! I plan on passing them out at my work. Hopefully I'll run out and need more but we'll see.

I agree. I often carry a copy im my pocket. It is sad how few people have ever read it. Even many of those that take an oath to defend it do not even know what is says. How can you defend something you don't even know?

That includes just about every president since Grover Cleveland. I don't expect this to end under Obama or after him, for that matter.

OK here is a really stupid question -- why do you carry a copy in your pocket??? Before you ask yes I have read it several times...

OK here is a really stupid question -- why do you carry a copy in your pocket??? Before you ask yes I have read it several times...

As a refresher course to me and to show others when a discussion comes up. For instance it is amazing how many people think that the constitution and especially the first amendment talks about the "separation of church of state". I had a guy once tell me that it was in the constitution so I took mine out handed it to him and said "show me". suffice to say he could not find it.

As a refresher course to me and to show others when a discussion comes up. For instance it is amazing how many people think that the constitution and especially the first amendment talks about the "separation of church of state". I had a guy once tell me that it was in the constitution so I took mine out handed it to him and said "show me". suffice to say he could not find it.

LOL, the first ammendment says for Government to stay out of Religion, not the other way 'round. "Separation of church from state" is a concept that appears in the writings of a Mr. Marx, if I remember correctly.

Good point.. I think I will start having mine on me.. There were times when I wish I had so I could do just what you did...

Not only that, but there are people out there who believe that the Constitution protects a woman's "right" to terminate her pregnancy. I'm still looking for someone to show me the section of the Constitution where this "right" is found. I'm waiting...........

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back