Gen4 Glock 23

hotrod26

Need feedback on what everyone's impression of the Gen4 Glock 23 is IE: recoil, recovery for second shot.

Go with the glock 19. Cheaper ammo, less recoil, ballistically .40 the same as 9mm, more ammo available in stores, less cost per round. I own the g23 .40 and after three day training this weekend, switching to the 9mm.

I love mine. Own more pistols than I should admit to. For personal defense 9mm vs 40, I'll take the 40 with Hornady Critical Defense. (functions perfectly in my 23) I don't care what the ammo price is for that purpose. For plinking, 9mm is fine (I haven't fired a single round through my Beretta 92FS since I got my G21 & my gen 4 G23.) Recoil seems pretty mild to me. As always ... we all have our own personal opinions, and we're all correct. Good luck

The recoil spring in the Gen 4 G23's is said to act as the Gen 3 G19's. Haven't tested it but when looking at the 23's and the design of the recoil spring it makes sense. Both versions are great guns and you wouldn't go wrong with either. Choose what you're comfortable shooting 40 or 9. Better to make 1-2 well placed shots than 13 misses.

I have a gen 2 Glock 23 and really like it, and my girlfriend has the gen 4 glock 27 both are great guns. I personally like the .40 over 9mm for self defense but I can shoot the .40 very well, if you cannot I would say go with a 9 mm. Can someone give me a website that shows the ballistics (real world) of a 9mm and .40 being about the same? There is way to many variables for me to make since of this statement that I hear all the time, are we comparing top of the line ammo to top of the line ammo or 9mm top of the line ammo is as good as some crap bulk .40 .

I am finding the glock 23 a tad big for everything and am thinking of grabbing a rugar LC9 so I have a smaller option. If I had to buy just one gun I would go with the glock 27 as the perfect compromise.

I have a gen3 23 and my buddy has a gen4 23 shooting side by side with same ammo I couldn't feel the diff or see a diff in my grouping. But if u are buying new get the 4th gen u get an extra mag

Need feedback on what everyone's impression of the Gen4 Glock 23 is IE: recoil, recovery for second shot.

I have a Gen3 Glock 27 (.40)....A friend of mine has a Gen4 Glock 23 (.40)
We fired both his Glock 23 & my Glock 27 when we went to the local indoor shooting range one day.
He actually preferred shooting the Glock 27 as do I.
Both sidearms are very solid & reliable weapons, but I honestly prefer carrying & shooting my Glock 27, it just feels so right in my hands and is just as accurate as the larger framed Glock 23 imvho.

P.s.
I would not take any advice from OtisM...he/she tends to display 'trollish' behaviour.

I've had mine for a few months now and have shot over 600 rounds threw it and love it
not sure where everyone gets their ammo but i have only been paying 25¢ a round on line with fast delivery, how much cheeper is the 9 ammo

I love my gen 4 23. It is snappier than my buddies 19, but after some practice, I'm just as accurate with both. I prefer the 40 for personal and home defense. It might be a mental thing but that is what I feel most comfortable with. I am on my second 23 gen 4(traded in the first for the flat dark earth version) ) and will always have one. Shoot both and see what you like. Confidence and comfort are key.

ballistically .40 the same as 9mm

LMAO. Yet another intelligent comment.

I love how 2 different sized rounds are the same thing. Let me guess, a 12 gauge is the same as a 20 gauge right?

At 7yrds a well placed modern defense round in .38, 9mm, .40, and .45 will cause the same wound based on same ballistics. And no bikenut, I won't find you citations, quotes, etc. This is a forum not a thesis. Talk to a cop, trauma doctor, or a advanced instructor.

Ps, I never mentioned shotguns. Although at 7 yrds I would venture to guess same results. Go Reds.

Appearently otism does not know nothing about terminal balistics. All 4 rounds in testing are totally different. Hotrod26. Buy the 23. You will wont be disappointed.

Appearently otism does not know nothing about terminal balistics. All 4 rounds in testing are totally different. Hotrod26. Buy the 23. You will wont be disappointed.

But u will go broke and prob lose ur life do to unnecessary recoil. Do ur research. A forum is only a start

I really like the gen 4 G23. It was my first Glock I posted a small comparison between that and my P239 .40 over on the handgun section.

sent via ipad using tapatalk

At 7yrds a well placed modern defense round in .38, 9mm, .40, and .45 will cause the same wound based on same ballistics. And no bikenut, I won't find you citations, quotes, etc. This is a forum not a thesis. Talk to a cop, trauma doctor, or a advanced instructor.

Ps, I never mentioned shotguns. Although at 7 yrds I would venture to guess same results. Go Reds.

2 different sized bullets with different ballistics will not do the same thing.

2 different sized bullets with different ballistics will not do the same thing.

You have been brainwashed by good marketing. Talk to a doc.

I gotta say if you look at the FBI ballistics tests, the wound channel is remarkably similar across a range of calibers. The difference is in penetration.

Regardless, I love how you guys get into all this **** with you "terminal ballistics" and all that.

If I put 3 rounds from my P232 into a bg chest at 7 yards, he's going down.

sent via ipad using tapatalk

The terms "ballistics" and "ballistically" get tossed around a lot in these discussions and are frequently used incorrectly. Many people use the term without saying whether they mean interior, exterior, or terminal ballistics.

A more meaningful statement might be, "For defensive purposes, the 9mm Parabellum and the .40 S&W are equally effective, according to FBI test protocols.

"If I put 3 rounds from my P232 into a bg chest at 7 yards, he's going down."

Not necessarily. Chances are, he will, but there are documented cases of people walking themselves into the Emergency Room an hour later with several slugs in them. It depends on Where in his chest you put those rounds and if they penetrate into a vital organ.

You have been brainwashed by good marketing. Talk to a doc.

You sound like you are embarrassed by your 9mm which is why you make an upward comparison to the .40SW round by saying your 9mm is the same thing or just as good.

Ill ask my doctor for information about ballistics as soon as you take a physics course so you stop making yourself look like an idiot.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back