GCO Update For Atlanta Airport

Sorry, deleted because of misread.

Last edited:
You missed this line in the opening paragraph.....

Please refain from publishing these anywhere, such as internet discussion fora, where the City of Atlanta or others harmful to our cause are likely to see them.

Sorry, deleted because of misread.
But, it was interesting!
You are correct. I thought I read the whole thing.
I believe you acted correctly in deleting it, but could you please provide a link and summarize it rather than leave this thread...threadbare?

This may become one of the more important cases in redefining our rights post-Heller, and I believe we should all be following it.

Another GCO update, Governor Purdue says, in his opinion, guns should be allowed in non-secured areas of the air port. I knew there was a reason I voted for him. Note the following, go to the link provided and give some positive feed back please.

Perdue: Guns Should Be OK at The Airport

Link Removed

Monday, July 14, 2008, 01:07 PM

Gov. Sonny Perdue said Monday that he believes guns should be allowed in the non-secure areas of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

A new state law that went into effect July allows individuals who pass background checks to carry concealed weapons on public transportation, in state parks and restaurants that serve alcohol.

But the question of whether that extends to parts of the airport is the subject of a federal lawsuit. Perdue on Monday said he has not asked for a legal opinion on the issue, but that his “lay opinion” would be that guns would be allowed in the airport’s parking lots, atrium and all areas before the security gates. Guns would still not be allowed in the boarding gates or terminals, which require security screening, he said.

Asked whether it was his opinion that it was a good idea to allow guns at the airport, Perude said yes.

“If my wife wanted to carry a gun, if she was going from the parking lot, walking from one of those far parking lots to pick up a grandchild or something like that, I think that’s a good idea, yes,” he said.

Another GCO update, Governor Purdue says, in his opinion, guns should be allowed in non-secured areas of the air port. I knew there was a reason I voted for him. Note the following, go to the link provided and give some positive feed back please.

Perdue: Guns Should Be OK at The Airport

Link Removed

Monday, July 14, 2008, 01:07 PM

Gov. Sonny Perdue said Monday that he believes guns should be allowed in the non-secure areas of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

A new state law that went into effect July allows individuals who pass background checks to carry concealed weapons on public transportation, in state parks and restaurants that serve alcohol.

But the question of whether that extends to parts of the airport is the subject of a federal lawsuit. Perdue on Monday said he has not asked for a legal opinion on the issue, but that his “lay opinion” would be that guns would be allowed in the airport’s parking lots, atrium and all areas before the security gates. Guns would still not be allowed in the boarding gates or terminals, which require security screening, he said.

Asked whether it was his opinion that it was a good idea to allow guns at the airport, Perude said yes.

“If my wife wanted to carry a gun, if she was going from the parking lot, walking from one of those far parking lots to pick up a grandchild or something like that, I think that’s a good idea, yes,” he said.
Good for him.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back