Gathering by the range

15-17 Oct is the date for our fall gathering. Hope some can come. This is our 10-12 th year at this and it has become quite an event. Cabins are $5 per night per adult and we ask $20 per for food for the weekend. Fish fry Friday evening, country ham breakfasts morings, lots of classes on various survival subjects, rifle/pistol competitions for all ages, canoes, trails, campfire BS circles, Lots to do, lots to learn, and fun to be had. PM for details or go to Carolinashootersforum.com under the events forum for pics/details of past events and info on this one. Hope to see many there from here.

Hey '06
I just found out that I will not be able to attend the whole weekend. I may try to come up on Saturday.

I well know things come up. One year I did not get there till Sat morning. It is a gathering and no one is actually "in charge". We all pitch in and it works well. Hope you can make it Sat. Lots going on that will benefit each of us. Remember to watch for deer while on Millstone Rd. Lots of the critters roam near the camp.Hope to thin them a bit this winter. The Dutch Oven contest is Sat afternoon, another "class"(probably reloading or field first aid or long term storage), the fun auction, and then the habitual BS circles around the fire circle and fireplace--LOL.

Some of my fellow work friends and I 'Gather' every September down near Lake Murray in September... here is a picture from our last meet.

Link Removed

Travel tip: avoid North Charlotte/Concord/Kannapolis area. There is a race this weekend and congestion is guaranteed. Go around Char. on 485 South toward Pineville around to the highway 218 exit. Great two lane road with only two stops for the next 40 miles. Comes out on 74 in Polkton then on to Rockingham-220 north-bypass to Millstone Rd-right to Millstone(@4-5 miles) on left. Mallard Drive and come to the dining hall past the guest house and ball field.
ETA: if coming from the north hit 52 in Salisbury to Albemarle then 73 to Ellerbe. Come into town and go left at Moma Mia's Pizze(across from Citgo). Watch for signs about Camp Millstone. You can take 64 above Thomasville to Ashboro then 220 South to Ellerbe and Millstone rd.
ETA: From the East--turn west off #1 at Hoffman(store and fire dept) to Millstone rd then about 10 miles to camp.
Watch for deer as you will be near state forest lands and deep woods.

hey '06
What's on the agenda for Saturday?
My wife and I are thinking of bringing the kids up. Any types of activities that they might enjoy besides shooting?

There are the canoes and trails. Kids seem to like to play in the Recreation Hall and have invented some roller games with the furniture dollies. Kids can usually find things to entertain themselves. There are basket ball goals, volley ball nets, and plenty of romping room all over the place.For my more sedentary pace I get tired just watching them-lol. Some of the "O" course is still up that the Special Forces built for them in the woods behind the Rec. hall. It ends up at a lecture deck next to the lake. Adults need to be with them as it is in the woods and there is always the possibility of snakes(rattlers). We have never seen one at camp and don't want to. The camp ranger's dogs must keep them at bay. Oh yes, there is crawdad hunting in the stream. The water is chilly but the kids have never paid that much attention.

Hope y'all had a great time and the weather co-operated. Unfortunately I was up in north nazi jersey for a family wedding-will be there for sure next year!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back