Gas or Charcoal?

Gas or Charcoal?

• Charcoal

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Gas

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The BBQ Forum has been idle far too long. Do you use gas or charcoal?

Personally I only have charcoal capability, but thinking about picking up my first gas grill in about 10 years, to burn dogs and burgers a little faster.

May I offer another alternative?
I have been using a pellet grill for about 7 months now and I think its a great combination of the good points of both with the ability to smoke thrown in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Gas or Charcoal

I to prefer Charcoal although I'm thinking about adding a small gas grill just to be able to cook outside more and save the kitchen heat during the summer.

May I offer another alternative?
I have been using a pellet grill for about 7 months now and I think its a great combination of the good points of both with the ability to smoke thrown i
While getting a haircut I was discussing smoking pork butts with my barber. He then told me about pellets available at a local pool supply store. Gonna pick up a bag of hickory pellets and try them out. I am assuming I have to wrap them in foil and throw on top of the charcoal.

Lump charcoal only. I have a gas but rairly use it anymore. We cook out several times a week during summer and once or twice durring winter. Bought a big green egg used about a year ago and Its great

Charcoal with chunks of pecan wood. I also use a chimmney starter to get it going. Never use fluid too many chemicals and costs too much.

I have both and prefer Gas. Both can give excellent results and both can be screwed up. The gas is quicker to heat up and its a lot easier to adjust heat, if necessary.

If you want more smoke flavor with a gas grill, it is pretty easy to soak your choice of wood, wrap in foil, punch a few holes and put under the grill rack.

Charcoal only!! It gives good heat and you can add your favorite wood chips or chunks for smoking!

GUN QUOTE

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
- Niccolo Machiavelli

Pretty much same as everyone. Charcoal for taste. I have both and each has its place. My weber charcoal has a gas lighter on it makes it almost as fast as gas if you wait for the heat up on gas.

I burn sticks [emoji4] this is my setup at a recent BBQ competition I have 6 weber kettles too, gave my gasser away
75e9d4d595f3f003227ba43c30d6a5c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back