Galco just lost my business, and money

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that I can say about this thread is that it caused me to buy another Galco holster today. I had a choice between several (since this one will take a month to get here), but I chose the Galco due to the responses by the company here.

Sounds like a very reasonable offer to me. I wonder if Shampi kicks his dog as well. Or maybe just a disgruntled union worker. Sound like Shampi owes an apology.

My problem was/is with a company, not an individual (Bill). I expressed my issues and problems. You and G50AE on the other hand wish to attack me, trying to make it personal. No, I do not kick dogs - I shoot them (wild and ferel), and try to ignore those who can not address an issue so they attack the messenger.:hang3:

In an edit, I will add, that it does seem Bill is trying to extend a hand to solve my issues. I will take him up on his offer - AND SEE! If he/the company makes it right, I will post just that and give credit. It is just frustrating to me to have two problems/issues with an established national company and pay prices that most consider high, and have to solve "my" problem with Glad bags. Stop and think about that.

Last edited:
Thanks for those kind words. I'm going to order another Galco holster Myself. Sounds like Galco is bending over backwards. By the way I own dogs and do not kick them or shoot them.

Bill, I followed your advice, over and over again. While sitting watching TV I would have your holster/harness in hand working them back and forth dozens, if not hundreds of times. I even rubbed in your Draw-Eze lube to no effect. It was obvious and clear that the problem was excessive leather under the swivels, square cut so that the swivels would strike a high point and move no further. This leather SHOULD HAVE BEEN CUT ROUNDED so to allow the swivels move with much greater rotation. Your email response left me with an all too typical response of "you are hired to save the company money; so do so." You state to keep in mind the swivel only rotates a "few" degrees - but your sales catalog only speaks of freedom of movement. Legally, I guess 5 - 8 (estimate) degrees may qualify for freedom, but it does not to those of us pilgrams out here.

As the the magazine/flashlight holder, I went so far as to remove the tension screws completely, with very little relief. As I read your advice about placing a freezer bag over the light, for some reason I was reading, "go to your nightstand, take out three lubricated condoms and stretch them over the flashlight; force it into the leather recepticle......" Why is your advice not published in your catalog?

No, Bill, at this point, having problems with two of your products, and not being as stupid as Obama, you are still putting up a defense.

I have already "solved" the problem with the lack of movement in your swivels (by cutting off the excess leather), but I can not solve a lack of leather with the magazine/light holder. Before everyone on this site (I WILL NOT SEND YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE), I want you to issue me a RA for either a unit that has been tested and will work; or a refund (I have the invoice). Frankly, to tell me/us, after the sale, to bag up my light, force it in and wait, tells me your products are not ready for public use. I long for the former Jackass Leather Company.

The plastic bag break-in is actually recommended by many companies who make leather holsters, it's not a BS recommendation. I just bought a holster for my G23 and it was a tight fit, I left the gun (no bag though) in overnight and it's much better.

Couple of things to realize - leather is a natural product and as has been pointed out, is subject to variations. You can make one holster one day that fits perfectly and another then next that is too tight and has to have a break in period.

Also, I find your comments about the design defects of Galco's product a bit dubious. First, Galco has been doing what they do for how long? Id bet money that they have a pretty good idea of what they are doing. Second, you don't offer any other documentation about the defect except your testimony, which really amounts to nothing at this point, especially since your representing yourself so well here. Perhaps pictures, or better video would help us, and Galco, understand what the issue is.

I might also suggest that you look at Kydex holsters, being plastic they don't require break-in which may be a bit simpler for you.

Finally, whatever might have happened before this thread, it's clear that Galco is trying to work with you. You might try the same.

The plastic bag break-in is actually recommended by many companies who make leather holsters, it's not a BS recommendation.

Oh? In my 60 years on this earth I have never heard of such a thing, which, of course, does not mean it isn't true. Please identify which companies recommend this. A company/catalog quote would be great, as I am willing to learn.

Oh? In my 60 years on this earth I have never heard of such a thing, which, of course, does not mean it isn't true. Please identify which companies recommend this. A company/catalog quote would be great, as I am willing to learn.

Does it matter who reccomends it if it works?

Stick a dress sock on your flashlight and go to town

And make sure it's a black sock because that looks more :pleasantry:"tactical":pleasantry:. :sarcastic:

Actually , Treo rolls Argyle

I must be luckier than I thought I never had to order anything from Galco. My local gun shop has it all on stock

When I first got into shooting I was told to break in a holster similar to this. Only we did not use plastic bags, but several layers of plastic wrap. Then there was the same method, but we soaked the holster in water first and oil he heck out of the gun before wrapping it in plastic. After letting it dry for a day or so, the fit was perfect.

The plastic bag break-in is actually recommended by many companies who make leather holsters, it's not a BS recommendation.

Yup. It's a common practice. I've gotten the same suggestion from several custom leather makers. The dummy guns they use to block the holster are made to insure a snug fit. A little break in work does the final fitting for your specific gun since it's MUCH, MUCH easier to stretch leather than it is to shrink it.

... The dummy guns they use to block the holster are made to insure a snug fit.

Actually, that's not correct. Ring's Blueguns, which the majority of quality holster makers use, are true to size; consequently, will functional properly in high-security LE holsters and will activate the safety devices for realistic training. BTW, most models are also available in black color as well.

I have several Galco holsters and all of them have served me well. I have always ordered direct from Galco and the folks on the phone have always taken the time to answer my questions and make suggestions.

I actually have a SSS (Side Snap Scabbard) coming my way at this time, as well as a double magazine holder.

They sell a quality product at a reasonable price and have always offered excellent service and assistance.

Since when did I ever let the content of the original topic constrain my ability to make a witty reply to one of the posts in a thread? Going off on tangents, or cotangents as the case may be, is a sine of my punny sence of humor.

I know you are not pulling my cord. Even though the error of measurement may seam odd there is still a common denominator in your equation. The greatest common factor is how well you parallel each equation.

And I think you are begining to sound like one.

For both you and Woodoctor - Boys, I could not care less about your feelings in this matter. Why? Because like the days before Caller ID, a coward would call up someone and curse them, knowing that they could hide behind the telephone. I relayed two problems that I had with a company, and you two cowards (PM me!) used your computers to attack me. What intelligence you bring. I think of people like yourselves as cowards because you are not intelligent enough to discuss someone else's issue without attacking them. Disagree with me? Fine! That is appropriate and proper. But just because you have had no problems with a company does not mean that no one else has. But then again, your arrogance and "if they do not believe our way - they are wrong" attitude, just drives me to point out to everyone else your "I know better than you" attitude.

Bill of Galco has contacted me and appologized for the confusion (as have I to him). He is trying to make this right. However - it does not excuse the FACT that I have had problems with two items, supposedly of premium quality. I expect - no - DEMAND that if I pay a premium price for a product that is advertised as premium - that it perform as advertised, out of the box. Your responses are meaningless to me, because they sound like whinning children. I wonder how many before me you have attacked and belitted. SAD! You two are sad!

Ok, G50AE and wooddoctor, KNOCK IT OFF. You are adding nothing useful to this thread. I'm tired of the bickering and then I get a report from you saying someone is personally attacking you. Well if you are instigating then what do you expect.

Taking 5 minutes to read this thread it looks like SHAMUSPI had some issues and came here to voice his concern. Why do you have to jump all over him just because of that? I'm sure he was a little steamed about it at first but it looks he's willing to work things out.

And SHAMUSPI, just because you may not have heard something doesn't mean it isn't true.

Let's keep this post on topic or I'll go ahead and close it.

I’ve read your post and I have read Bill’s willingness to help your situation. Your eagerness to Black Ball a company and Broadcast your anger shows your unwillingness to resolve the matter like a rational thinking person. Makes no sense getting your pansies in a wad when issues like these can be resolved without hanging out your dirty laundry and Black Balling a good company. It’s not like you just spent 50,000.00 Dollars on a new Mercedes. I sure hope that thing ain’t loaded.

Luke, my point is simple. We all have had merchandise issues one time or another. I found his rant and Anger for public display totally uncalled for. His issues should have been resolved other then on this site. Why would you want some hot head Black Balling a perfectly good product and possible a future advertiser???

Yes, he was pissed at first and by the time I read this thread he was willing to see how it would work out. I'm glad Galco came over here to support and stand up for their product. But I think you guys are beating a dead horse now. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back