Ga or Fla, permit

woodyga

Georgia or Florida????

If given a choice, would you get a Georgia GFl or a Fl CWP. I will be retiring in about 5 years and plan to move south to be close to my kids/grandkids. They live in St Mary's, Georgia real close to the Florida line. I can live in either state and still be close to them. I was wondering which is better to live in Fl or Ga as for as concealed carry is concerned. Im leaning toward Fl because of tax reasons, but its not a real show stopper.

Woody,

Florida has no personal income tax and the CCW laws seem to be better defined, and more protective of the law-abiding gun owner.

Can you get a non-resident in Florida? You can only carry in GA if you are a resident. They don't reciprocate with any other state. So if you can get a non residenti for Florida, then being a resident of GA would be better.

GA requires residents to get a GA license. Recognition and reciprocity is not extended to GA residents.

I would choose FL over GA any day because of no State income tax, better estate taxes and asset protection and firearm laws. If I ever leave NV, the two top States I would consider moving to would be FL or TX.

I live in Georgia and many improvements have been made to their firearms laws thanks to Georgiacarry. A resident Florida permit is recognized in far more states than Georgia's and the laws are clearer. Both are great states but I think Florida has the advantage when it comes to taxes. I retired from the Air Force in Georgia and decided to stay with no regrets (except maybe the summer humidity :smile:).

Yes u can get a nonres. For Florida but u would still have to get georgia + you still would be restricted from states like S. Carolina.

Yes u can get a nonres. For Florida but u would still have to get georgia + you still would be restricted from states like S. Carolina who does not accept Georgia or nonresident permits.

According to the Florida Dept. of Agriculture, the reciprocity map on this site, and the map at Link Removed Georgia recognizes CWLs issued by Florida, and South Carolina recognizes those issued to Florida residents.

Thanks guys,

I am leaning towards either Yulee or Callahan Fl as my next perminent residence. Just asking in case there was something i should know about carry in both states.

Woody,

Yes, Florida would be the better of the two when it comes to reciprocity, living in Ga you wouldn't be able to carry in SC even with a nonresident Fl CC. & living in Ga with only a FL CC you wouldnt be able to carry in Florida. Better off living in Florida & get all of Florida's reciprocity states.

How are the local St Mary's, Kingsland L.E.O.'s , when it comes to open carry and 2A? Are they pro 2A? Here in MO open carry is legal so its not a problem if you accidentally expose or print your CC, is Florida and Georgia the same? Although I dont open carry now, I think I might want to in Georgia "hopefully Florida soon" because of the weather/humidity for comfort reasons and also my waist is trying to catch up with my age. The few times that I have open carried here in MO have been positive experiences, no "Man With A Gun" b/s. Our local L.E.O.'s are for the most part 2A friendly.

Woody,

How are the local St Mary's, Kingsland L.E.O.'s , when it comes to open carry and 2A? Are they pro 2A? Here in MO open carry is legal so its not a problem if you accidentally expose or print your CC, is Florida and Georgia the same? Although I dont open carry now, I think I might want to in Georgia "hopefully Florida soon" because of the weather/humidity for comfort reasons and also my waist is trying to catch up with my age. The few times that I have open carried here in MO have been positive experiences, no "Man With A Gun" b/s. Our local L.E.O.'s are for the most part 2A friendly.

Woody,

No, Florida is Conceal Carry, no printing

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back