G23 vs G27

gkeil961

Just trying to get some opinions on best EDC..... I'm stuck bergen
Between the Glock 23 or 27? considerations have to include on easy conceal and most comftorable, however grip size and round count also has to be thought of.

Any opinions on which one to go with ?

Thanks

G27

Gen 4 G27 changeable grips easily concealed lost of a round but simply better in your categories listed...

I have both. I have the Glock 27 in an IWB holster right now actually. I carry at 1 o'clock.. I got used to carrying the 27 so much that I forget sometimes that I have it. The same can't be said for the 23. It's a little longer on the slide and on the grip. Now, there are some people that swear by 23 and say they like this and that better, and the pinky grip on the 27 bla bla bla. Put a pinky grip extender on your 27 magazine and you're good to go. Love the 23 as a night stand gun, safe queen, or for plinking at the range-but not for conceled carry.

You get what's comfortable for you, screw what anyone else says either way. For me it's the 23 but then as a Prepper I have a multitude of 23 mags and more than one 23. The 23 mag will work in the 27 but not vice versa and I don't want to have to fumble with "which mag".

I carry a 23 in a iwb but before that I carried a 17 in my iwb so this feels much smaller but I do really like the 23

Just trying to get some opinions on best EDC..... I'm stuck bergen
Between the Glock 23 or 27? considerations have to include on easy conceal and most comftorable, however grip size and round count also has to be thought of.

Any opinions on which one to go with ?

Thanks

Hopefully you'll find some of my info useful today. I have experience with the G19 and G26, so they'll be very similar to the 23 vs. 27 conflict you have.

Obviously the grip on the 27 can put some folks off. But, Pearce Grip enhancers are available to replace your oem mag floors with something to give you a little extra grip. If round count is needed, but you want the 3 inch barrel concealability, you can get the A&G mag adapter that slips over the G23 mags so you can use them in your G27. XGrip may even be available for the Glocks now....according to their website they are available.

Link Removed
XGRIP : Sub-Compact Handgun Magazine Adapters :

I would urge you not to decide until you've tried the G27 in those configurations. If the 27 isn't an option in those configurations, then the decision will have been made for you to get the 23.

G27. You will carry it more especially as you get older. I carried a G19(same size as G23) for years until the G26 came out. I still have the G19 and other guns that are similar or bigger but I comfortably carry the G26 all day everyday. I went to a pocket carry of the G26(same size as G27) in a DeSantis Nemesis holster and you couldn't do that with a G19/G23. G27 will give you more options and you will carry it more.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back